Cliff top at Land's End looking towards Dr Syntax's Head

Edit My Images
No
Also my first attempt at HDR :shrug: taken yesterday 06/09/2009

DSC001411__2_edited-1.jpg

syntax.jpg

I think this falls into the trap that HDR always sets for us novice users. It is at least slightly oversaturated, and there is no contrast.

Philip, apart from that, it isn't a hugely thrilling photo. To capture the drama of this landscape you have to do more than choose a nice sunny afternoon, stand on the nearest clifftop, point and shoot. The composition is a bit 'snapshotish' if you will forgive me.

You are lucky - you live there! Go out at dawn, or wait until sunset, or for bad weather. Clamber down the cliffs or along the paths, or look for vantage points where the lead in creates a sense of drama, contrast or surprise.

Appreciate the comments Horrocks, I'm still brand new to photography so learning all the time :D

The cliffs at Lands End are now all fenced off, so maybe I should find a more "off the beaten track" place.

How many shots is this bracketed from?

IMO I think it could be passed off as a single shot easily not much drama that HDR should bring, it lacks something to lead the eye in foreground wise

Appreciate the comments Horrocks, I'm still brand new to photography so learning all the time :D

The cliffs at Lands End are now all fenced off, so maybe I should find a more "off the beaten track" place.

Did you see my recent post on Botallack? If you drive or jump on the bus over to St.Just, you will find the most dramatic landscape with the old tin workings. Nearby Cape Cornwall has much to offer as well. There is a beach there with these most amazing granite stones that have been rounded by the sea. Its all a little less 'obvious' and tourist-beaten than Lands End.

Last edited:
Did you see my recent post on Botallack? If you drive or jump on the bus over to St.Just, you will find the most dramatic landscape with the old tin workings. Nearby Cape Cornwall has much to offer as well. There is a beach there with these most amazing granite stones that have been rounded by the sea. Its all a little less 'obvious' and toursit-beaten than Lands End.

I know where you mean, just have to convince my daughter that it is more exciting than the Doctor Who exhibition :LOL:

Back