Clifton Cameras store, Dursley, Gloucestershire

How could they just walk in and take then off the shelf like that. I thought they would be alarmed like in jess ops

Nice crystal clear images, I can see them scumbags being caught pretty quickly.

Three members of staff watch them come in, nobody goes to check on them. Or at least go and ask do they need any help.

I've been into your/that store on numerous occasions and everything I members of staff has been straight on me in seconds (maybe I look dodgy) does seem odd to me that they go in and straight out and nobody bothers them tbh

Two, the third is a mannequin but no less alert it seems.
Really does look like three people, one doing paperwork another playing with a camera, and another just sitting seemingly not doing a great deal. Surely the person sitting doing nothing, should have gotten up to greet them.

I have been asked by sales people, if they can help me. If I say I am just looking, they tend to hover and keep watch, if I say I am interested to look at the Nikon xyz blah blah blah, they point me in the direction and leave me alone. Over time, you can tend to read peoples body language and pick up a sixth sense. Thieving gits, but they should have been greeted with a good morning etc, and been weighed up ;)

Unbelievable they could just pick up the kit like that.
Definitely looks like three staff (and a mannequin) to me. There is a person just about visible in the top left sitting on a stool along with two more visible people.
Really does look like three people, one doing paperwork another playing with a camera, and another just sitting seemingly not doing a great deal. Surely the person sitting doing nothing, should have gotten up to greet them.

Oops, didn't notice the third person first time I watched it. Seems I'm about as alert as well ;)

Oops, didn't notice the third person first time I watched it. Seems I'm about as alert as well ;)

I was at the opticians this morning also, I only need a pair of reading glasses and picking them up next week. I think somebody else needs a visit. But to be fair, they are all huddled in a corner for some reason ;)

I bet it was a Tuesday.. boss's day off and the staff don't give a toss..

That video has been edited heavily, news reports outlets have said that the lads spoke to the staff 3 times.

After reading your comment I did a search and found this text:

"Clifton Cameras in the UK is asking for help this week after a CCTV surveillance camera caught two thieves stealing £4,000 (~$5,700) worth of Sony cameras and lenses from the company’s camera store in Dursley, Gloucestershire.

The edited 1-minute video above shows one of the suspects handing a $2,000 Sony a7 II and 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 mirrorless camera kit to his accomplice, who then shoves it into his jacket.

In addition to that kit, the thieves also made off with a $750 Sony RX100 III camera, a $1,000 Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS lens, and a $1,500 Sony FE 70-200mm f4 G OSS lens.

“We’d like to point out that this is heavily edited video to show the faces of the thieves,” Clifton Cameras writes on YouTube. “The full footage from the CCTV shows that the thieves were approached three times by members of staff when they were in the shop. ”

“None of our staff could have preempted that a cabinet was going to be broken open by the thieves,” the company says. “The management are satisfied that all members of staff were sufficiently vigilant and professional. This incident has left the staff in our store feeling quite shaken and feeling very responsible.”

Text was from HERE

I'd originally thought the camera gear was just left out and from the video it appears they were ignored by the staff. It seems this wasn't the case so apologies to anyone from Clifton Camera's reading this.

Really sad day for Clifton Cameras but surely the people who did the theft will be found with images like that being available to the police and social media.

After reading your comment I did a search and found this text:

"Clifton Cameras in the UK is asking for help this week after a CCTV surveillance camera caught two thieves stealing £4,000 (~$5,700) worth of Sony cameras and lenses from the company’s camera store in Dursley, Gloucestershire.

The edited 1-minute video above shows one of the suspects handing a $2,000 Sony a7 II and 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 mirrorless camera kit to his accomplice, who then shoves it into his jacket.

In addition to that kit, the thieves also made off with a $750 Sony RX100 III camera, a $1,000 Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS lens, and a $1,500 Sony FE 70-200mm f4 G OSS lens.

“We’d like to point out that this is heavily edited video to show the faces of the thieves,” Clifton Cameras writes on YouTube. “The full footage from the CCTV shows that the thieves were approached three times by members of staff when they were in the shop. ”

“None of our staff could have preempted that a cabinet was going to be broken open by the thieves,” the company says. “The management are satisfied that all members of staff were sufficiently vigilant and professional. This incident has left the staff in our store feeling quite shaken and feeling very responsible.”

Text was from HERE

I'd originally thought the camera gear was just left out and from the video it appears they were ignored by the staff. It seems this wasn't the case so apologies to anyone from Clifton Camera's reading this.
The edited version did make it look like staff did not approach the men, they must have felt comfortable with them, to let them wander about by themselves. I also thought staff had not bothered to greet the men. A quick sorry to the staff..

It shouldn't take long to catch them with their faces so clear. Such blatant behaviour ... I can't imagine they are experienced not thinking there would be cctv. Hopefully they will post something.

Hope they get caught, shouldn't take long with such clear pictures

Last edited:
To all the people assuming they will be caught soon, it depends how far they came to rob this store. local news will show faces etc but if they are from way up north manchester leeds etc they may not even get seen on tv.face book is more likely to catch them when someone who knows them sees the vid.
just saying don't bite my head off .:police::police::police:

Back