Clikpic

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
Yes
Anybody else here having problems with clikpic witholding information.
All i want is the IP address of my Domain i purchased off them so i can point my domain name to another host. 6 emails and all they keep doing is pointing me to the FAQ's. Checked them out a bit and seems they may be a small firm operating from a home address. Decent enough company but if you want to take your domain which you paid for with your hard earned money they don't want to know.

Transferring a domain from Clikpic

To transfer a domain from Clikpic, you will need to arrange a transfer with a new host. Once you have made the transfer application, the process depends on whether you have a .uk address or other top level.

.uk domains require a change of tag. Please contact us and let us know the new tag. There is a small charge (currently £10) which reflect our costs from the registrar.

Other top level domains require a payment to the new host. Once this is made we will automatically receive a transfer request and will respond to it.

That seems fairly clear.

The IP address is irrelevant when it comes to hosting, it's the DNS tags that are important.

Hah! I just answered this one in the computer websites and other technology section.

Did you purchase an IP address or just a Domain name? Totally different.

If he purchased an IP address then it's doubtful that he'll be able to take it with him. It'll be part of a block allocated to Clikpic.

Their FAQ gives all of the answers in very plain language ;)

Did you purchase an IP address or just a Domain name? Totally different.

I was working on the basis that if someone had leased a fixed IP (other than as part of an ISP package bolt on) then they'd know exactly what they were talking about! :D

Also (as far as I know) Clikpic don't offer server level hosting.

Are you sure they said IP address?

If that's what you need then I've told you how to get it in your other thread.

Ok sarcasm aside and sorry for not being Bill bloody Gates but this is my problem.
I have a website with clikpic and purchased a domain name www.mattfidlerphotography.com.
I no longer want this to point to clikpic as i have set up another website with Weebly, My problem is how to i get my old domain to point to the new website?

ps it's no good just pasting clikpic FAQ's as that's no good. Weebly in an email asked me to get the ip address of clikpic. Right or wrong i just need some direction as i am new to this. Sarcastic members need not reply

Last edited:
Well the IP address of your website is 83.138.186.93

The registrar is:

Registrar: EASYSPACE LTD.
Dates: Created 12-nov-2010 Updated 12-nov-2010 Expires 12-nov-2012
DNS Servers: NS3.CLIKPICDNS.COM NS4.CLIKPICDNS.COM

Looks like you'll have to pay their fee to transfer the domain as it's a .com.

Last edited:
Contact Clikpic and tell them that you wish to transfer your domain to Weebly. Pay the fee and let them do the work.

Ok sarcasm aside and sorry for not being Bill bloody Gates but this is my problem.
I have a website with clikpic and purchased a domain name www.mattfidlerphotography.com.
I no longer want this to point to clikpic as i have set up another website with Weebly, My problem is how to i get my old domain to point to the new website?

ps it's no good just pasting clikpic FAQ's as that's no good. Weebly in an email asked me to get the ip address of clikpic. Right or wrong i just need some direction as i am new to this. Sarcastic members need not reply

I wasn't being sarcastic in the slightest, I was telling you what you need to do, ie have the NS tags transferred to your new host.

The IP address is irrelevant in this case.

There are a couple of guides here:

http://www.nic.uk/registrants/maintain/transfer/

(for .co.uk)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name_registrar#Domain_name_transfer

(generic, but based on .com)

ICANN have a similar guide.

You need to apply to Weebly and they should then process the request.

He'll have to apply to Clikpic - there's a client transfer prohibited tag on the registration and a fee to pay ;)

He'll have to apply to Clikpic - there's a client transfer prohibited tag on the registration and a fee to pay ;)

The £10 that they're quoting is the Nominet transfer fee, which won't apply here as ICANN will do the admin. Weebly should process the tfr and costs, and then rebill in this case.

Once Weebly send a transfer request to Clikpic they'll unlock the Prohibited tag and allow the tfr to go through, which is the whole point of getting the new host to send the request in the first place.

I once moved a domain I had with clikpic to another host. Can't remember how though, but it wasn't too difficult. The new host were much more helpful than Clikpic though.

7th time of asking clikpic are now asking me for the domain authorisation code. How would i know this info if clikpic set it up for me?

I presume that's Clikpic who you are asking for that?

The DAC is what Weebly should be providing Clickpic with as a request to transfer.

Are you sure that you want to move to a host that makes it this hard to do inbound transfers?

The £10 that they're quoting is the Nominet transfer fee, which won't apply here as ICANN will do the admin. Weebly should process the tfr and costs, and then rebill in this case.

Once Weebly send a transfer request to Clikpic they'll unlock the Prohibited tag and allow the tfr to go through, which is the whole point of getting the new host to send the request in the first place.

The whole point of the prohibited tag is to prevent rogue requests to transfer - the registrar won't accept a request from another registrar. An authorised party, i.e. someone with suitable credentials (Clikpic) to access the current registrar's admin panel has to switch off the tag before the request can proceed. That can only be authorised by the domain owner.

You're right about the payment though - that should go to Weebly :)

I presume that's Clikpic who you are asking for that?

The DAC is what Weebly should be providing Clickpic with as a request to transfer.

Are you sure that you want to move to a host that makes it this hard to do inbound transfers?

Oh and I agree completely with this! Rock and hard place spring to mind. I redirected two domains from my current registrar and host to a new host yesterday, it took me less than 5 minutes beginning to end and couple of hours wait for DNS to catch up. Tag transfers take a little longer but should be equally painless. :wacky:

Clikpic asked me for an authorisation code, I said i haven't got one so they are now sending one through to me. Reading the post above makes sense, what angers me is why did clikpic not issue me this code 20 emails ago, I explained clearly what i wanted to do. May finally be getting somewhere now. I can't help thinking clikpic were just being bloody awkward

Back