Cloud backup

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have 2 back up drives but want to get some cloud backup to be on the safe side. I have an iMac and can get Apple iCloud with 2Tb for around £6.99/month. Looking around on the internet shows PC World have a storage of 2Tb for £40/year. Any idea on whether the PC world cloud is ok to use, safe and easy to access etc. Any other cloud storage i should be looking at, i don't want anything too expensive and would like around 2tb to cover my raw files etc.Thanks.

I currently have 2 back up drives but want to get some cloud backup to be on the safe side. I have an iMac and can get Apple iCloud with 2Tb for around £6.99/month. Looking around on the internet shows PC World have a storage of 2Tb for £40/year. Any idea on whether the PC world cloud is ok to use, safe and easy to access etc. Any other cloud storage i should be looking at, i don't want anything too expensive and would like around 2tb to cover my raw files etc.Thanks.

I have yet to 'go cloud' but backblaze gets mentioned favourably. But as I am on ADSL not FTTC it would take a very long time to upload :( .so need to think carefully about that such (if possible?) to copy files to NAS and let backblaze run 24/7 as needed upload from the NAS. Though if I could find a provider that accepts a hard drive to "preload" via their service office that would be a good initiator step???

Ok just purchased black blaze on a monthly sub to see how i get on with it before buying yearly.Im currently backing up my iMac hd but can't see any info on backing up both my attached hard drives. Any info on how i set it to back both drives up automatically along with my iMac hd.Im sure there will be a user manual somewhere which i could maybe find.Cheers.

I use AWS (S3 with an aging policy to Glacier) partly because I could choose a London datacenter and they're not going to disappear or radically change their offering.
I guess the pricing depends on your usage pattern but I'm really just using it for cold storage, last resort and 100GB is costing around 60p /month.

Back