weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2020. Week 52 Decorate

Great reflections Pete (y)

A very calm day that, so yes, great reflections as commented by others.
Nice to get the whole of the lock gates in too. maybe a minor point, but it shows a deliberate composition :)
Thanks Tim and yes I did include the lock gates deliberately.

Nice idea for camera and a nice camera do you still use it? I have quite a few old cameras and use them now and again

Camera
Man, that's a lot of camera's. It's a good clean, clinical shot.

It all counts Pete (y)
Well thought out
Thanks Chris

Nice idea for camera and a nice camera do you still use it? I have quite a few old cameras and use them now and again
I haven't used it for a long time now. I'm tempted to put a film though soon though.

Paper - Nicely horned in and looks like tasty props :)
Liking the composition and lighting

Camera - Is that a shot of the phone taking the shot, of of a picture taken previously?
Thanks Tim and I did bake the props too!
I took the pic of the camera on the phone just before I took the main shot as I wanted a contrast in backgrounds.

Nicely thought through - I like that picture of s picture a lot. Very effective new/old camera link!
Thanks Alex

Camera
Man, that's a lot of camera's. It's a good clean, clinical shot.
Thanks Dominic.

Nice collection of herbs and well put together
Thanks Allan.

Very nice picture Pete, like the composition and great looking bg.
Cheers Michael.
Perfect title for the thread [emoji3]

Nicely composed, especially the the three shrinking sage leaves.
Thanks Alex, for once all the props were around in the garden.

Brilliant well thought out Pete (y)
Cheers Chris.

Great image Pete, lovely colours and the board sets it off a treat.
Thanks Dave.

Focus is bang on :)
I was going to ask why you didn't go with a tripod and 100ISO rather than 250/s and 400ISO, but on checking it close up, I can't see any noise.
I guess that's the difference between a FF A73 and my apsc 80D from what, 3 gens ago?

Focus is bang on :)
I was going to ask why you didn't go with a tripod and 100ISO rather than 250/s and 400ISO, but on checking it close up, I can't see any noise.
I guess that's the difference between a FF A73 and my apsc 80D from what, 3 gens ago?

Thanks Tim.

It was shot on a tripod and using a speedlite through a softbox, so I used a higher ISO to get the aperture I wanted.

A very tranquil seascape Pete (y)

Great sea view, love the colours, nice that you kept the detail in the sea.
Abstract you have nailed the focus on the pencil tip, I like the very shallow did.

Last edited:
Nice colours Pete, especially the deep blues of the water contrasting with the orange of the sky.
So what aspect of the shot makes this your stand out for 2020 in your view?
Thanks Tim. I don't often get to take seascapes and if I could I'd spend the whole year by the sea. So I suppose I chose this because it means something to me.

A very tranquil seascape Pete (y)
Thanks Chris. I spent a very happy hour there that morning with the whole beach to myself.

T
Great sea view, love the colours, nice that you kept the detail in the sea.
Abstract you have nailed the focus on the pencil tip, I like the very shallow did.
Thanks Clive

Lovely and peaceful showcase - I can see why its a favourite.
Thanks Alex.

Another comment catchup from me.
I like the unusual playing pieces in you activity shot it is clean and simple and works well.
I love the yarn poppies good spot and very topical at the time.
the bowl of berries is great shot great colours.
Sharp is a good composition, I might have included the rest of the tomato you had sliced but maybe you ate it.
Your snappers choice is pretty and very vibrant.
Your paper shot is very appetizing I might have to bake some flapjack this afternoon.
Good composition for leaves and I love the colours of your showcase.

Another comment catchup from me.
I like the unusual playing pieces in you activity shot it is clean and simple and works well.
I love the yarn poppies good spot and very topical at the time.
the bowl of berries is great shot great colours.
Sharp is a good composition, I might have included the rest of the tomato you had sliced but maybe you ate it.
Your snappers choice is pretty and very vibrant.
Your paper shot is very appetizing I might have to bake some flapjack this afternoon.
Good composition for leaves and I love the colours of your showcase.
Thanks for the comprehensive comment catch-up Alison. It's much appreciated.

Someone certainly took a lot of trouble to decorate that!
Well spotted and captured Pete

That's certainly a wall of light there! Makes it hard to read the sign...
It's cool how you can get perfectly lit + silhouetted objects in the same shot like that.
I wouldn't want their electricity bill though !

Back