Cokin P with 10 stop ND

Edit My Images
No
Have just re-discovered an old Cokin P filter holder sitting in the cupboard.
Am I correct in thinking there is no way that I can use this with a 10 stop square ND? Reason for asking is that most 10 stops seem to have a gasket and i see no way that a square gasket would fit (and give an effective light seal) on the P holder.
Thanks.

Does this sound correct?

They produce several sizes of filters and,
of course, getting the right holder is the
thing that will permit you to use it.

Holders are far cheaper than filters btw!

I'm unaware of any P sized 10 stop filters. Might be possible to stack the filter holder over a circular screw in nd of course, depending on lens.

Nope, I'll let the OP do that if he thinks it's worth hunting them out, I use 100mm filters, and am fully aware of what's available in that size. 85mm though, not so much.

Have you Googled them?

Nope, I'll let the OP do that if he thinks it's worth hunting them out, I use 100mm filters, and am fully aware of what's available in that size. 85mm though, not so much.
You said you were unaware and that may create doubt in the mind of those easily phased so I suggested Googling as it took me 5 seconds to find some. Finding them in stock may be another matter... Nupe, not a problem either and if anyone wants one they could have it delivered on Tuesday.

You said you were unaware and that may create doubt in the mind of those easily phased so I suggested Googling as it took me 5 seconds to find some. Finding them in stock may be another matter... Nupe, not a problem either and if anyone wants one they could have it delivered on Tuesday.
OP here again. Many thanks for the recent posts. Alan - following your comments I've now had another look and indeed found at least one 10 stop ND to fit the Cokin P filter holder. The manufacturer's promo video also clarified the fact that the gasket is circular and how it fits into the holder. This answers my original question about how the gasket fitted - I had assumed (incorrectly as it turns out) that all gaskets for the 10 stoppers are square/oblong. Thanks again.

OP here again. Many thanks for the recent posts. Alan - following your comments I've now had another look and indeed found at least one 10 stop ND to fit the Cokin P filter holder. The manufacturer's promo video also clarified the fact that the gasket is circular and how it fits into the holder. This answers my original question about how the gasket fitted - I had assumed (incorrectly as it turns out) that all gaskets for the 10 stoppers are square/oblong. Thanks again.

Which brand is that? Have been looking for a 10 stop that can be light sealed in a P Holder.

Which brand is that? Have been looking for a 10 stop that can be light sealed in a P Holder.
Steve - I found Cokin "Nuances" filters and watched a video showing how to fit the filters, etc. However, I've now read the tech spec from the manufacturer's brochure and if I understand things correctly, it mentions that ND32/256/1024 and above in X and XL sizes have a gasket to seal the light. There is no mention of the M size (Cokin P). I do not recall this being highlighted in the product video, although I may have missed it. Anyway, it may be prudent to check with a supplier as to whether the M size does or does not have a gasket. Hope this helps.

Steve - I found Cokin "Nuances" filters and watched a video showing how to fit the filters, etc. However, I've now read the tech spec from the manufacturer's brochure and if I understand things correctly, it mentions that ND32/256/1024 and above in X and XL sizes have a gasket to seal the light. There is no mention of the M size (Cokin P). I do not recall this being highlighted in the product video, although I may have missed it. Anyway, it may be prudent to check with a supplier as to whether the M size does or does not have a gasket. Hope this helps.

Great, thanks for the info, will have to do some more research.
Though it wouldn't replace my screw-on filters, it would be good to have the option in the bag sometimes.

Back