cold weather problems

Edit My Images
No
hi everyone, i have recently aquired a pantax k1000, and am quite liking it so far.....i know this is kind of against the grain of technoogy, but there we go.....i've been advised that if taking it out on cold mornings, i should try to keep the film warm. is this true and, if so, how do i go about it?

Moved the thread here for you mate, you might get some answers now :)

The K1000 is probably the most reasonably priced, full manual camera Pentax ever made, so it's a good buy and will no doubt stand you in good stead for many years. :thumb:

Film keeps past it's 'Use by' date if stored in the fridge, and even longer if it's frozen. Any reputable camera shop should be able to supply you with film from a refrigerated shelf, so the film getting cold isn't a problem.

The potential problems come when you come back indoors, when the change in temperature can have the camera and film wringing wet with condensation, which can start off electrical problems and rust developng in the camera. Either take the film out of the camera before you go indoors, or put the whole camera in a sealed plastic bag or similar container and allow the temperature to gradually stabilise over a period before you open it. You should always do that with the camera anyway when you come in from the cold.

HTH. :)

Back