Colormunki & Dell U2711 on mac

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I tried to recalibrate today and I am getting very strange results. D65 (as before) setting gave me a blueish low contrast output with some mid-grey tones appearing too warm! I tried like 6 times and the end results were fairly close. With "native" it was a lot brighter and too yellow.

I re-did my other monitor and MBP and both gave very reasonable if slightly different results. I can appreciate colour may shift over a few months, so I'm happy to accept the calibrator seems to be working fine.

The old profile of 2711 is reasonable if slightly too warm so I could live with it for a little while and it is not a secret I am looking around for a new monitor - and inevitably a 4K-capable PC/mac. Of course this is not an ideal situation so any ideas what may be going wrong (the monitor itself?) would be welcome.

Try setting th monitor profile to something standard , say sRGB. Now using this start point re calibrate to the settings you want. See f this makes any difference. Also are you letting the Colormunki set the colour temp, rather than using the monitors on screen controls. ( That's what I would do. ) Are the monitor controls set to effectively "Factory Default"?

Back