Colour problems, cant find answer!

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
Hello, I have been doing research for the last 4 hours, reading lots of things from monitor calibration to colour management but i think my problem is slightly different to what ive read, unless im just getting really confused. Here is my problem-

I have an HP laptop which is great and its what ive been using to process all of my images. I use lightroom 2 to process them. The images are the same colour in Lightroom as they are on the web. Everything was great until today I bought a HP PC with a £140 monitor. Everything is brighter, more saturated including the computer game i play on it). I transfered the images over and I have this problem, also they are brighter on the web on my new computer.

I dont know if this is a monitor calibration problem because I dont really mind the different computers being slightly different as im using the PC from now on. I want to know has the colour on my laptop been wrong all along? Is the new monitor right and my images are more saturated than I thought? All I want is the colours im seeing when processing to be the true colour. I dont want to be giving clients images on CD that are different to what im seeing and it means im not even seeing what the image really looks like.

I hope that made sense and your help would be really appreciated!

Luke

If neither system is calibrated then the chances are they are both wrong for different reasons. If your clients aren't calibrated then they will see something different again, there's not much you can do about that. If you're calibrated then at least you know what the printed versions will look like and if a client asks about prints not matching their screen you can explain it's because they aren't using a calibrated display.

If neither system is calibrated then the chances are they are both wrong for different reasons. If your clients aren't calibrated then they will see something different again, there's not much you can do about that. If you're calibrated then at least you know what the printed versions will look like and if a client asks about prints not matching their screen you can explain it's because they aren't using a calibrated display.

Thank you for your reply, I have also read lots of calibrating option, could you reccomend what would suit me? All of this stuff goes way over my head, creating profiles etc.

The Huey is about the cheapest and very easy to use. More expensive options are a bit more accurate and some also allow for creating profiles from prints, etc.

Generally, the Huey is a good solution for people that want to calibrate but don't need super high levels of accuracy.

Back