Combat/Cargo trousers, where to buy?

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I seem to have been looking on the likes of amazon, ebay for a pair of good combat trousers since my last pair died ages ago!
I'm looking for a pair that are;
plain in colur, ie no camo patterns, olive, khaki, or similar colour, lightweight ideally, loose fit, and in 32" W, 34" leg.
Can anyone recommend some suppliers/shops?

Screwfix - yes you read right!
Next have black ones in cotton or water proof material
M&S
Primarni

All have them currently

If your local Debenhams have a craghoppers dept, they usually have lots if special offers. If not then go outdoors are reasonable. Been wearing Craggies for years and can't fault them.

Craghoppers in store or online, George at Asda, Tesco. That's where all my pairs have come from. Tesco and Asda do seem to fade in the sunshine, Craghoppers not so much, if at all.

You could try an army surplus store , should only be around a fiver a pair .

I bought 2 pairs of crag hoppers the other week on offer from M&M Direct think they we just over half price at £20 a pair, worn them in Scotland and very impressed as they were so comfy far more than the mountain warehouse ones I have are

Craghoppers too although the last few I've bought the pocket zips have bust in the first few weeks on all 3 of them.

I have tried Craghoppers Kiwi trousers (which are their most popular ones) and for me the fit was terrible, they definitely seem to be tailored for skinny people with high waists and long thighs as the crotch is really low on them which really limits movement . I am 5'7", 32" waist, under 12st and wear my trousers on my waist so YMMV but I would recommend trying them on, for me they were unwearable.

If I was in the market for some hard wearing combats I would probably look at Screwfix (as mentioned above)

I have tried Craghoppers Kiwi trousers (which are their most popular ones) and for me the fit was terrible, they definitely seem to be tailored for skinny people with high waists and long thighs as the crotch is really low on them which really limits movement . I am 5'7", 32" waist, under 12st and wear my trousers on my waist so YMMV but I would recommend trying them on, for me they were unwearable.

If I was in the market for some hard wearing combats I would probably look at Screwfix (as mentioned above)

Well I'm none of those shapes you mention and my Craggies fit me great!

Amazon, Helikon SFU trousers about £25 or Helikon M65s for about £35

Great quality strong material for a low price, I have a couple of SFU pairs I use for work. They have 8 pockets, can take knee pads and have a button up fly. I don't have the M65s but they seem to be even tougher, 6 pockets and zip fly.

Lightweight Regatta can take knee pads, six pockets. Regatta shops or cotwolds, available online. Hope this helps

The last couple of years I've been wearing work trousers from wicks or any builder's merchant for photography
Dickies is the make
very tough and hard wearing with lots of pockets
Most of the others I have tried, walking trousers and similar go on the knees after a while but these are indestructible
I am heavy on trousers tho always on my knees photographing bugs!

Last edited:
I've been using a pair of OG combat trousers for my photography.
VERY hard wearing, but they take a bit of time to loose their initial stiffness and the zip isn't great.

The last couple of years I've been wearing work trousers from wicks or any builder's merchant for photography
Dickies is the make
very tough and hard wearing with lots of pockets
Most of the others I have tried, walking trousers and similar go on the knees after a while but these are indestructible
I am heavy on trousers tho always on my knees photographing bugs!

My work supply Dickies to us, good trousers but the back pocket zips are hell on vehicle seats.

My work supply Dickies to us, good trousers but the back pocket zips are hell on vehicle seats.
Thanks I'll watch out for that :), damage to seats I do use seat covers tho as I often get muddy

I got myself a Dickies parka recently and it's fantastic. Heavy cotton, great build quality, lots of pockets and was under £35 quid!

I used to love GAP combats, but they dont seem to make them anymore... GAP combats were (are?) the best :)

Back