Chill.

You need a SOH IMHO.

FFS :bang:

Last edited:
MATE????

Chill.

You need a SOH IMHO.

FFS :bang:

SMBOL (oooh - that's another one Spat My Beer Out Laughing) - I think it's you that needs to chill my friend! After all, you did ask what Kb and Tb were, all he replied with was that they (and others) had been rolled into the list in the initial posting... Oh, and referring to people as "mate" where he hails from isn't anything derogatory... maybe down in the unfriendly south, but up here in Gods own County, it means what it is :shrug:

My mistake.

Just got a neg on Fleabay and felt the world was attacking.

ISYU

(I'm sure you understand) :)

Comment #40 was meant 'Tongue in cheek.'

Last edited:
IYSWIM
ISO
ASA
DX
SDHC
CF
VR
VC
IS
HSM

What does D&B mean? I'm guessing not Drum and Bass lol!

What's the context (dead and buried ? )

D&P = develop and process (ie film rather than digital), also rendered as DP&S = develop proces and scan - maybe its summat like that

As in

"You CANNOT D&B properly in ten minutes!"

Its on a thread about a portrait style pic.

Since there are more and more film photography orientated threads -

CLA = clean, lube and adjust

BIF - Bird in flight.

B, as in the shutter speed setting, bulb or brief

also, from the days of Canon EOS film cameras, ECF eye controlled focus

CPL circular polarising filter

Last edited:
FUF - F***-Up Fairy... features quite prominently in my photography!

this is really helpful(and very funny) soooo glad i found you guys, 'ffs' features a lot in my camera's going for a walk days, and 'big soft moose's' comment is very true... I've got 3 guitars and two camera's and cant play any of em very well lol :LOL:

Ok I guess I'm the only numpty who doesn't know what RMSD stands for in the classifieds?

Ok I guess I'm the only numpty who doesn't know what RMSD stands for in the classifieds?

I think that one is - Royal Mail Special Delivery?

EDIT: First time ive actually seen this thread, it is so helpful to a beginner like me, thanks for all your hard work and contributions.

Last edited:
It's special delivery. RMRD is recorded delivery.

RMFUD - Royal mail normal ;)

Thanks for that...... Obvious now :)

I was try to work it out and all i could get was.....something money seals deal. Hiw wrong i was :D

I was sooooo convinced the m stood for money too haha.

Last edited:
For those of us who spend so long thinking about what settings to use that the moment's gone .....

JFDI (Just Flipping Do It ... or something quite like that)

I note that according to your list:-

MB = Megabytes and GB = Gigabytes

but I frequently come across Kb and more recently Tb which aren't in your list.

What are they and should they not be included?:thinking:

These are units of size of computer drives/files etc. Should be 1,000X = but as computers work in binary, actually 1,024

so 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte
1024 KB = 1 megabyte
1024 Mb = 1 Gigabyte
1024 Gb = 1 Terabyte

And the acronym Failed under customer testing....

These are units of size of computer drives/files etc. Should be 1,000X = but as computers work in binary, actually 1,024

so 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte
1024 KB = 1 megabyte
1024 Mb = 1 Gigabyte
1024 Gb = 1 Terabyte

And the acronym Failed under customer testing....

Ummm, not quite right (though maybe reflecting common usage) ... Mb should be megabits, whereas MB is megabytes. Similarly for Gb and GB.

yes common usage such as the MOT test

yes common usage such as the MOT test

that one's straight forward - its the ministry of transport test - because it was the ministry of transport (as was) who introduced it

You've missed the point - the Ministry of Transport is now defunct but its name lives on

Someone now asking for CSC (Compact System Camera), I pointed him up to this very thread, only to find it's not here lol

BTW, I keep seeing meh and teh in threads and I can't think what they could be (despite racking my brain over it) so could someone please put me out of my misery.

Last edited:
Someone now asking for CSC (Compact System Camera), I pointed him up to this very thread, only to find it's not here lol

BTW, I keep seeing meh and teh in threads and I can't think what they could be (despite racking my brain over it) so could someone please put me out of my misery.

'teh' is usually a typo of 'the' and 'meh' is usually an expression of apathy.

but I frequently come accross Kb and more recently Tb which aren't in your list.

MB megabytes
Mb megabits
kB kilobytes
kb kilobits
GB gigabytes
Gb gigabits
TB terabytes
Tb terabit
mB millibytes
mb millibits

1 byte = 8 bits.

The listing in the original post is wrong as it uses mb for mega.

Unfortunately, the size of the unit depends on usage. For storage, file size etc. 1 MB = 1000 kB, for computer memory 1 MB = 1024 kB.

Evaluative Through The Lens. It's Canon's flash metering mode.

ETTL can also mean expose to the left, or "expose for the shadows". The modern day equivalent for digital is ETTR - expose to the right "for the highlights".

TTL (Transistor-Transistor Logic levels) is also used to define the electrical signal on the interfaces. I've seen it used that way in quite a few manuals.

but I frequently come accross Kb and more recently Tb which aren't in your list.

Kb - Kilobyte. 1/1024 of a Mb. Will be used for smaller files <1Mb on some systems (e.g. Apple's IOS shows small files as KB rather than a fraction of a Mb)
Tb - Terabyte. 1024 Gb. Huge capacity, usually seen in reference to hard disk sizes. e.g 2 x 500Gb drives = 1x 1Tb drive.

MFT - micro four thirds, one of the mirrorless camera systems. cf: CSC
CSC - compact system camera - a term often used to describe a camera system built around mirrorless bodies with interchangeable lenses. Cf: MFT, NEX.
NEX - apparently not an abbreviation but looks like one :) A CSC system made by Sony. cf: CSC.

Back