Compact Binoculars?

I bought a pair rated 10x50 from a camera shop back in 1982 and they were sort of mid-range Chinon(?) I think.
They seem to be vastly better than a lot of modern ones unless you pay a fortune.
Unless badly mistreated they will literally last more than a lifetime so older used pairs are probably a good buy

I use a optician monocular 10X42 it was about £130 and is very good , I just prefer them , I also have a pair of Hawke endurance edx which are superb ,although I just done use them , just prefer the monocular, will probably just sell the Hawke as they are not getting used

Partly from reading this thread I was looking at used spotting scopes on ebay and went for a Bresser one about £20.
It is a little disappointing though with narrow field of view and difficult to focus as when you touch it everything jiggles about even on a tripod.
It is supposed to go from 20x to 60x but it's best left at 20x as the way it achieves the additional magnification in the eyepiece rapidly degrades what your see.
Without a tripod close to unusable.
It does work reasonably well like an astro telescope once you get it lined up.
I did borrow someone's 20x50 binoculars and was impressed by the additional magnification over my 10x50
Will look out for a pair of those maybe.

Anything over 10x is a bugger to hand hold!

Back