Completley inappropriate use of a photo?

Yeah does seem a bit of a bad shot to use. My guess is that it is all automated so they just added a picture to go with the water being "shipped in" video link below and it then added it to that story as it was flood related.

Nope - it's not just you. I can't believe the proof readers missed this - couldn't be less appropriate under the circumstances.

Well Ive lodged a complaint with the BBC. OK It may seem a petty thing to complain about to some. But these people are paid to check the content they put up. They are also in a position of responsibility.

So sod em. Keeps em on their toes.

Quite right too mate. The pic is totally innapropriate to the story. Let us know if you get a reply to your complaint

I think you're reading too much into it. It's better than a picture of two dead bodies. Still, it looks like they've listened to you and changed the photo.

Yup seems they have. I know it may seem like Im reading too much into it, I just think it's really inappropriate. What if one of the relatives saw that next to their story?

Nice to see theyve changed it though, shows they do listen, and are accountable to the public.

Edit : For those that missed it, here is a screengrab.

903895165_c4325a8293.jpg

Bigger version here

I think perhaps it's the wrong video to go with the story than the wrong picture. The picture goes with the video fine.

Back