Congrat me guys

Name
Dmitry
Edit My Images
Yes
I am happy to say that a series of my landscape photographs received an award from the Ministry of Culture of the Russia!

Google translate:

"Karasuns" is a chain of small lakes in the territory of Krasnodar, Russia (*I live there*). Their banks are covered with reeds, and the bottom is silted. The word karasun is translated from Turkic as "black water".

The project has existed since 2017 in the form of the series "The Road", "Russian South" and "Karasuns". Stylistically, photographs are close to pictorialism, but instead of film and soft optics, a conventional camera and special image processing were used. To this date, a sufficient number of works for the exhibition has been collected.

With the help of this project, I wanted to not only convey the beauty of the Karasuns, but also to draw attention to the existing problems. This is a periodic discharge of harmful substances and fish die-off, littered coasts and their development by high-rise buildings. "We used to walk by the lake, but now there is a fence" - local residents complain. For many pictures, it was necessary to manually remove large debris from the frame, and then clean the rubbish while processing photos. I hope that holding the exhibition will help preserve the beauty of our lakes.

cb70a0b70b09.jpg

021f9dfbc0cf.jpg

8a2d4036161e.jpg

8ce62eae932f.jpg

ec7738dd9adf.jpg

f7a37b70b7f4.jpg

51978397d6a7.jpg

Last edited:
Well done :)

Congratulations Dmitri. Well deserved if you ask me.

Incredible images Pomo, you deserve the recognition. (y)

Yes congratulations from me as well.

I was in Russia in 2016 as part of a baltic cruise. Wow what a country, beautiful and the women, stunning and all speak such good English which surprised me. Meeting the people was a real treat

Catherine Palace unbelieavable. yes would like to see more of Russia . Ignore the politics and enjoy the country
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLm4VH5ACE

Last edited:
Yes congratulations from me as well.

I was in Russia in 2016 as part of a baltic cruise. Wow what a country, beautiful and the women, stunning and all speak such good English which surprised me. Meeting the people was a real treat

Catherine Palace unbelieavable. yes would like to see more of Russia . Ignore the politics and enjoy the country
Thank you! I live in the very south and west of the coutry.

A lovely selection of your work, with the Pomo style embedded.
Congratulations on your selection and recognition.

A lovely selection of your work, with the Pomo style embedded.
Congratulations on your selection and recognition.
Many thanks! In Russia, they call this style "pomism" (from Pomo). Initially, the term was used to criticize my way of processing the images. But now, it seems, everyone is used to it.

Last edited:
Well done, it's always good to look at the work of someone who has learnt to 'see', which I think is one of the most important elements of photography. As a result, your photographs are filled with atmosphere, feeling and emotion.

"Cracking" set of images, and well deserved recognition.

George.

My congratulations too Dmitry, I’ve always liked and admired your work and am very pleased that it has been recognised this way. Keep up the good work

That poor lil sleeping dog, omitted from collection & yes I understand, was not @ landscape.

So happy for you ! Really ! You have a gift @ talent.

≖‿≖

Hello guys!

I spent the award to open a photo exhibition at the our Central Exhibition Hall. And made the entrance free.

The exhibition lasted 10 days. Due to the quarantine, there was a limit on the number of people in the hall. Therefore, many had to wait on the street and go in turns.

Here are some photos I made.

c1b1b5c80c2f.jpg

d06f742ad72d.jpg

71f8b4c57db7.jpg

06760b95a3c9.jpg

1c18b05fff66.jpg

ff1336bf58ca.jpg

b15b45cf1264.jpg

b4b1fd4547cf.jpg

Well done Dmitri, a generous idea to share your work and hopefully inspire other people, as well as being nice for you to see people appreciating it

A very nice idea, and it looks like it was popular and much enjoyed by people too. (y)

Back