Beginner constructive comments please

Name
Harold
Edit My Images
Yes
Ahoy there.jpg Hanging on.jpg NYC.jpg The Bag Man.jpg The Street Painter.jpg a selection of mine
comments please

Last edited:
The Street Painter by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

the second is the best as it sort of makes you feel part of the crew
the artist one shows his work...but for me it distracts...cropping to be just him makes it more portraiture

Yes I agree about the crop
Thank you

Like the first one.. love the idea/concept but slight over saturated..

Second good idea but 4 people and only one face lets it down..

Third hmm jury is out..

fourth with the taxis would be great without the shopping bag IMHO

last one better with the crop :)

Thank you for your comments
the third is just a view from the empire state on a bright day, i just like it as you can see the curviture of the earth

i just like it as you can see the curviture of the earth

Not really… since you are using a wide angle pointed downwards, this curved
horizon is part of the barrel effect of the lens.

like the times square image - but i would crop more to bring the taxis to the forefront

The Focal point was the top of Chrysler building the lens was not pointing down but straight out towards the horizon.Plus it was not a wide angle lens in the true sence it was if i recall correctly about 35 Mil it was quite a long time ago now

Last edited:
The Focal point was the top of Chrysler building the lens was not pointing down but straight out towards the horizon.Plus it was not a wide angle lens in the true sence it was if i recall correctly about 35 Mil it was quite a long time ago now

The camera IS pointing down - if it hadn't been, you'd have got a lot more sky in the shot; it's also the way the verticals diverge on the left and right hand side of the shot, which is also where you get your horizon curvature from (there would probably have been a little, but it's been exaggerated quite a bit at the sides). Possibly I'd have pointed the camera down more and exaggerated the vertical distortion more? But it's a dilemma with that kind of shot - "Do I take a record shot, or try something different?" Or both!

Back