Contax T-VS repair...

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
So as you may know, the TVS stands in need of some major surgery and as hinted at by Ujjwal there's nowhere to get it done anymore. This leaves me with the one option - do it myself or keep it as a paperweight. OK, two options, do it myself, keep it as a paperweight or throw it away. OK, three options then... do it myself, keep it as a paperweight, throw it away, or sell it for spares. OK, four options then...

I will go for the first and dive in - point of this post is ... do I take pics and post here so you can all see what goes on?

yes please.

To be fair, I said : get a spare camera and do a DIY

Last edited:
yes please.

To be fair, I said : get a spare camera and do a DIY

This is true, but getting one was hard enough :LOL:

According to Kyocera they will support and provide servicing for Contax cameras for 10 years after they announced they were stopping manufacture.

http://www.contaxcameras.co.uk/digital/tvsdigital/tvsdigitafaqs.asp

Theres a link on the right to where they say any servicing enquiries should go.

It can't hurt to ask them what they can do

Well, I asked so we shall see but your link goes to the TVS digital page (y)

http://www.contaxcameras.co.uk/

Had two pages open at once, so I must have copied the wrong one(y)

The company that Contax have specfied to contact about repairs seem to handle that sort of stuff for a lot of other older/gone manufacturers like Yashica.

Same email so we shall see. Nothing yet though but in the meantime, I may still have a go at it simply because I can :D

Somebody tell me - how the **** do they get so much in such a small place? I feel like my eyes are being turne inside out! Anyway, the stiff lens is still stiff - I took the case off and found a tiny brass washer loose. No idea where from yet as the camera is literally packed solid with electronics and mechanics... must be like a waltz in there when it's running!

Back