Cool Film Club Subscription

Edit My Images
No
Morning,

Has anyone signed up to or previously used the Cool Film Club subscription service? (This isn't an ad or spam BTW). Has it been any good and is the cost worth the films received?

I've signed up to get me more inspired to get out and use my film camera more but have yet to receive my first batch of films. I guess it'll get me trying all different types of films which to me is good because I likely wouldn't normally try them all. Keen to know if I'm wasting money when I could be doing this myself for perhaps cheaper?

Ah, that's the link I get in my Wordpress reader. Try this one instead: https://nataliesmartfilmphotography.com/2019/02/27/cool-film-club/

I like the post. For me I'll give it a try for a few months as I've signed up to the 120 film which is new so I'm happy to do it for now. My worry was also that the film would pile up in the fridge because I don't get out too often but I suppose it is only 12 photos per roll which I could get through quicker like she mentions.

I like the post. For me I'll give it a try for a few months as I've signed up to the 120 film which is new so I'm happy to do it for now. My worry was also that the film would pile up in the fridge because I don't get out too often but I suppose it is only 12 photos per roll which I could get through quicker like she mentions.

Ah, so they've started doing a 120 version now? In the blog post the reason she gave for stopping her subscription was that they didn't do 120 at that time, and that was now her preferred format.

It'd be interesting to see how you get on with it, so keep us posted on what films you get sent, and let us see the results. :)

Ah, so they've started doing a 120 version now? In the blog post the reason she gave for stopping her subscription was that they didn't do 120 at that time, and that was now her preferred format.

It'd be interesting to see how you get on with it, so keep us posted on what films you get sent, and let us see the results. :)

I seen that and it was only recently as well that she'd posted that blog. I did leave a comment to tell her that it's available now.

I shall keep you all updated. Might use this thread to update on with photos of the films etc.

Sounds like a good idea, but £18.50 a month for two unknown rolls of 120 sounds a bit steep to me. Seeing as you can get a box of five Fuji Pro 400H for £24.99.

I would possibly try their 35mm plan at £14.75 a month. Still not cheap, but not ridiculous considering you're paying for the fun factor too.

I'd be interested to see what rolls people get. The cynical person in me thinks it sounds like a good way to offload a surplus of rubbish film that's nearly OOD and make a profit. I'm not saying that's what's happening though!

The cynical person in me thinks it sounds like a good way to offload a surplus of rubbish film that's nearly OOD and make a profit. I'm not saying that's what's happening though!

I admit to being a cynic!

It comes across to me what the french would call an "arnaque".

Personally I wouldn't encourage anyone to become involved in it.

Instead put the £180 towards a bulk order of assorted fresh film from any given supplier and receive more than 24 rolls of film.

I can cancel at any time. I did look at the prices of bundles but felt it was a way to force me outside with the camera. If the cost of the rolls are considerably less than the price I'm paying I'll cancel.

I did look at previous 35mm bundles and they worked out roughly about £12‐13 if you bought them separately so that's not really much of a difference. Of course buying in bulk is much cheaper but I would be buying singles whilst I try new films anyway instead of buying a bundle and use one roll because I hated it.

Back