Copyright infringment

Name
Mr P Boyle
Edit My Images
No
Hi. Can anyone help me. I have just recently found that Bonhams have used a portrait of a clockmaker in two of their sales catalogues some 6 years ago. It has only just been brought to my attention. I wish to contact them regarding a payment for this unauthorised usage. They were use full page for the promotion of the sale of his clocks. Can anyone help with were I should start the pricing for this knowing that I will have to negotiate the final fee. Thanks for your help.

Is the catalogue online? If so I have used Pixsy successfully in the past to handle unauthorised use of my images. Not sure if they cover printed infringements but if your image is in an online catalogue they might be able to help with very little input from yourself, although they do take a pretty hefty fee from any settlement.

Hi and welcome to TP :)

I hope you will engage in the various subfora in future but @DemiLion is the guru hereabouts on matters copyright and all being well he will be able to point you in the right direction?

Edit ~ as mentioned by @RyanB above if you can provide more details of the infringement that you consider has happened the advice, all being well, can be more specific???

Last edited:
Hi. Can anyone help me. I have just recently found that Bonhams have used a portrait of a clockmaker in two of their sales catalogues some 6 years ago.
In that case, you may be past the limit to claim.

Search for "copyright infringement time limit uk" and you will find much information on the subject.

Having had to deal with this myself, I approached the person using my image, initially they apologised and wanted me to accept a 'gentleman agreement' about use of said image. I refused, after several email exchanges I agreed to a figure that they donated to a charity of my choice. I insisted on having a receipt that said funds were donated and eventually they complied. For me it wasn't so much the money, it was the fact they used my image without my permission, tried to deny there had been any wrong doing.

Back