Corfe Castle Hills (Dorset)

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a repeated/stupid question, but as I'm getting back into photography, and have a limited knowledge of the good/interesting/unusual places to shoot in Dorset, I want to start by shooting something familiar, to get me back into it, etc.

I would like to shoot Corfe Castle, and I can see from the numerous photos, thats is beautiful pre-dawn, on the surrounding hills.

My question is..... how do you get to these hills to shoot from? I know where the castle is itself, and when I've been I parked in the national trust car park, but I don't actually know where I should head from there, or where I should park if there is somewhere more convenient/closer, etc.

Can anyone give me a quick pointer or two?

Thank you!

Also going to head out to Durdle Door at some point, but I'm happy with that location, just CC at the moment I'm clueless on.:bonk:

Cross the road outside the car park, then take the footpath that takes you to the right of the castle. When you reach the end there is an open field with the hills up to the right. You can't miss them.

There is also a great vantage point from a pub called The Scott Arms at Kingston (south of Corfe) you can take some pics in the garden and grab a pint ;)

Back