Cormorant with an Eel

Edit My Images
Yes
I went to a local spot yesterday looking for an otter who is bizarrely comfortable with people (I saw it quite close up by the footpath, froze, and it approached even closer. It appeared very relaxed and nearly fell asleep at one point)

After spending time with the otter, I was about to leave when I saw this cormorant approaching. I got down low, hoping to get a nice portrait, and to my luck and joy it caught an eel right in front of me. The cormorant seemed to struggle to get the eel down, whereby it threw it up in the air, caught it, and swallowed it down.

Afterwards, I was very happy to see that by dumb luck I happened to catch the whole thing in focus!

LDC_1142 2 by Luke Case, on Flickr

LDC_1144 2 by Luke Case, on Flickr

LDC_1149 by Luke Case, on Flickr

Great sequence of shots, very well done. :clap:

Great set Luke,looks like the cormorant is saying "For my next trick" :clap:

Excellent set Luke, that's a great sequence to capture, 2nd is superb...... and exactly what a low pov should look like (y)

Well caught - right time right place :) I love them

Les

I'm seeing halos. It's probably due to too much AI Sharpen but other than that it's a great set with some awesome captures.

Excellent set of photos. One in a million chance of catching the eel being tossed in the air.

I'm seeing halos. It's probably due to too much AI Sharpen but other than that it's a great set with some awesome captures.
Thanks for the heads up; they are sharpened and masked to exclude the background which I did in a hurry. I'll have a look tonight when I get home. Thanks
Very well caught Luke, particularly like the eel in the air.
Thanks Neil!
Excellent set of photos. One in a million chance of catching the eel being tossed in the air.
Thank you; I couldn't quite believe my luck after. I had thrown myself down very last minute, and was at a funny angle, so I'm very lucky to have hit the focus correctly!

Back