Corn bunting

grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
Another from Bulgaria. Corn bunting on the edge of a rape seed field.

EOS-7D, EF400 f/4DO IS, 1.4x converter, handheld from vehicle

Paul

What a great shot, i love the natural environment and a smart looking bird too!

Lovely capture Paul and the rape seed makes for a lovely natural setting (y) To me the image is on the soft side, but as soon as I loaded it into PS to view it, then becomes sharp as a tack again. Hope you dont mind but I just applied a bit more sharpening again to see what the results look like, not sure what you think? I know we are aware of images losing quality sometimes after uploading, but as of late I think it seems to be getting worse :shrug:

Corn_filtered.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. Rich - I think sharpening is a personal thing and yours looks a touch too far for my taste but thanks for the input. Think we'll just have to agree to differ! Interestingly, yours appears to have lost some of the vibrance in the colours - is it still sRGB?

Thanks for the comments. Rich - I think sharpening is a personal thing and yours looks a touch too far for my taste but thanks for the input. Think we'll just have to agree to differ! Interestingly, yours appears to have lost some of the vibrance in the colours - is it still sRGB?

That vibrance gives it an edge, nicely constructed shot, love the composition, the original one works for me (y)

I think the rape seed color is more authentic in the original and makes a lovely backdrop for the bunting. The fact this is handheld and so sharp is superb. Nice one.

Well I assume it was saved as sRGB Paul, and yes you are right about the sharpening taste of things ;) Does agree to differ! mean we are arguing? :LOL::LOL:
Cheers Paul (y)

Back