Cornwall in November

Name
Daz
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,
I was just hoping some of you could give me some advice on some decent wildlife and landscape locations in Cornwall during November. I'm going to be in the Newquay area for the month and although I've regularly been down there in the summer as a child wasn't sure where was best to get some good seascapes, classic picture post card style harbours and what wildlife I could expect to see.
I will be working most of the time and so photo expeds will be at a premium hence why I'm asking for help and not just exploring on my own.

Any help or location ideas will be appreciated.

Daz

For harbour shots I'd recommend St Ives, Mevagissey, Polperro, maybe Padstow. Newquay itself has a nice small harbour.

Check out a map and put locations into flickr. It'll give you a better idea and maybe save some wasted journeys if they're not the sort of shots you're after. Sure there will be some locals along shortly who could chip in.

Last edited:
Thanks Sarah, I'll definately check those out. I'm down there working so will only get a couple of days off to explore so this helps me narrow down my locations.

Port Isaac is a good shout. I've walked all the way from Bude to Padstow along the coast path. There's great stuff all along the way. Port Quinn isn't far from Isaac. I'd give it a look in. I know this is getting a bit out of the way for Newquay, but Boscastle has a good little harbour. Also don't forget Bodmin-moor! There are some strange landscapes I've walked through up there.

What I'd to though is walk some of the north coast path, there's bound to be little coves and beachs that you stumble across at low tide that's worth a look, and the high cliffs look great if you can get the sun rising or setting against them.

Thanks guys I've not travelled far yet but intend to go up to Tintagel and Boscastle. So far I've only stayed around Newquay but thanks to the storms down here I'm getting decent shots at Newquay Harbour and off Towan Head.

For seascapes, anywhere around the Lizard peninsula - some great scenery there. And as for harbour shots - from a selfish point of view - I'd recommend Porthleven along with the others mentioned. Mainly because I love the place and holiday there every year (y)

check my site out www.perranspics.co.uk
i am from cornwall living up here in Reading Berkshire ! most my photos are from my homeland ..i regulary visit and take more pics !

Back