Coronavirus - Film Dev Lab and supplier closures

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
It might be useful to have a thread to share announcements of closures due to the current pandemic (and re-openings when they take place too).

It will save the hassle of posting off films for processing only for them to be sat untouched for weeks or more.

So...

• Peak Imaging have announced today that they are closing until further notice. Details on their website and social media feeds.

I emailed FilmDev yesterday and they're still operating while they can.

I think FilmDev is quite small and possibly in one house so if they quarantined things for a couple of days before opening there's minimal risk. Second class post is also so slow I'd think anything alive would be died by the time it arrived anyway!

Ilford apparently announced yesterday that they were stopping production for a while. And there's me quite out of FP4!

Well one thing is certain....... this lockdown can't continue indefinitely.

Well one thing is certain....... this lockdown can't continue indefinitely.

No, it just feels like it....:eek: I have a friend in a high place and his prediction, based on facts and inside knowledge, is 3 months minimum.

No, it just feels like it....:eek: I have a friend in a high place and his prediction, based on facts and inside knowledge, is 3 months minimum.

:eek: Oh well is it back to the black market for some things which I can remember just after WW2 (erm not WW1 :D)

I’ve just bought some stuff from Speedgraphic and delivery only took an extra couple of days.

Got some developer from AG yesterday and also sent off three Ektar 100 films. The online order was acknowledged straight away.

Just an observation which sort of relates to this thread. Has anyone detected a trend that more and more retailers are showing film out of stock? For example 7DayShop. Not that I really need any but out of curiosity I was looking for 24 exposure Kodak ColorPlus 35mm film for my Horizon, apparently it has less of a tendency to shred film if it's loaded with the shorter film. I couldn't find any.

Got some developer from AG yesterday and also sent off three Ektar 100 films. The online order was acknowledged straight away.

Just an observation which sort of relates to this thread. Has anyone detected a trend that more and more retailers are showing film out of stock? For example 7DayShop. Not that I really need any but out of curiosity I was looking for 24 exposure Kodak ColorPlus 35mm film for my Horizon, apparently it has less of a tendency to shred film if it's loaded with the shorter film. I couldn't find any.

Mathers seem to have the 24exp in stock at the moment.
https://www.mathersoflancashire.co.uk/kodak-colorplus-200-24-exposure-35mm-colour-negative-film.html

There are a few listed on the auction site Peter, and seems to be some in stock?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Film/4201?...Speed=200%20ISO&Series=Plus&Type=Colour&rt=nc

For example 7DayShop. Not that I really need any but out of curiosity I was looking for 24 exposure Kodak ColorPlus 35mm film for my Horizon, apparently it has less of a tendency to shred film if it's loaded with the shorter film. I couldn't find any.

Yes it's been a long time since I've found anything in stock at 7DayShop, far before covid. I've moved on and buy film elsewhere personally. I wonder if they're still actually selling film or just emptying whatever stock they have left.

I should support them but I have a vague memory of going into the shop to buy some film I saw on the web site but it wasn't discounted for buyers in person!

AG are still developing film and working, and according to an email I had from them this week their boss is actually sleeping in the office on a mattress on the floor so he can stay within the guidelines and keep the place going. Fair play to the chap if that's the case.

Last edited:
AG are still developing film and working, and according to an email I had from them this week their boss is actually sleeping in the office on a mattress on the floor so he can stay within the guidelines and keep the place going. Fair play to the chap if that's the case.

I sent some film off today to AG Photolab. No personal contact but everything very efficient and website working fine.

Last edited:
Canadian Film Lab are still operational being a small two person operation. Timescales are very good for turnaround. Recently had a few rolls back from a portrait session that I shot before lockdown and just posted two rolls off from lockdown, either around the house or on our walks.

Not sure many, if any use CFL here though but it is worth noting they are open to clients again if anyone was interested. :)

The post seems to be hit and miss at the moment; my Mum sent an Easter card to a friend on the 7th April by first class post, and it arrived yesterday!

I should support them but I have a vague memory of going into the shop to buy some film I saw on the web site but it wasn't discounted for buyers in person!

Online price are discounted.. More overheads in a shop .. Just about all shops will have online discount and set shop price..

just made a small edit to the thread title folks... Saw it pop up in the discussions and obviously I realised it meant FILM LABS, but a thread saying CORONAVIRUS - LAB AND SUPPLIER CLOSURES might just have attracted the wrong sort of comments from people browsing direct from the front page...

(sorry - i'v spent quite a bit of time this week setting up accounts for and with various labs and courier companies regarding the whole Covid-19 testing thing in my day-job and i'm a wee bit sensitive to this kind of thing, and a little prone to reacting "strongly" if someone's being a bit of a smeghead...)

So I ordered some from Mathers.
Chis at Mathers phoned me this morning to say he hadn't had chance to put it in the post but he could drop it off this afternoon, which he has just done!
Big thumbs up for Mathers of Lancashire.
Mind you, he only lives around the corner from me, which I never know of course, so I don't think he would be able to provide the same delivery service to all his customers.

just made a small edit to the thread title folks... Saw it pop up in the discussions and obviously I realised it meant FILM LABS, but a thread saying CORONAVIRUS - LAB AND SUPPLIER CLOSURES might just have attracted the wrong sort of comments from people browsing direct from the front page...

(sorry - i'v spent quite a bit of time this week setting up accounts for and with various labs and courier companies regarding the whole Covid-19 testing thing in my day-job and i'm a wee bit sensitive to this kind of thing, and a little prone to reacting "strongly" if someone's being a bit of a smeghead...)

No probs, and makes sense. Sometimes it's easy to forget from the insulated world of F&C that these things pop up on the front page. :)

Just ordered some Stop & Fix from AG last night (when I discovered I'd run out) and it's dispatched and due for delivery tomorrow!

Back