Costa Rica Trip

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Heading there Jan/Feb 2012.....any advice on what to look out for? places to go? scenic spots to photograph?

Also kit I may need considering the climate...

:thinking:

Cheers,

Tom

There was a thread about this a couple of weeks back with some really good information. Infact it was the one you started...

Costa Rica is very hot and humid. Be careful with your kit when you leave an air conditioned room because it will be soaked with condensation in seconds. I found that leaving you camera equipment in the bathroom or other non air conditioned room helped.

It rains a lot! When it does it tends to be very heavy. Take good quality waterproofs that breath or a folding unbrella. The umbrella was my prefferred method as it enabled me to stay in a Tee Shirt. It's too hot and humid for layers of waterproofs.

Make sure you take a good quality flash. Photography in Rain Forest habitat is very difficult as it tends to be very dark.

I'm sure you'll have a great time

Cheers
Martyn

What time of year did you go Martyn?

It is very humid and you do have to be carefully when takeing your gear out the room i put every thing in sealing freezer bags I took 100-400 100 is macro 24-105 lens i did take a flash but forgot it and left it back at the hotel big mistake? and a monopod we went in december lovely place wish i was still their that much to see and do i used the 100-400 the most

Back