Critique Cotswold Falconry Centre

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I had some time of work and some really gorgeous weather, So I thought why not take my motorbike out and go for a ride. Then the idea hit me to grab my cameras, as I had hardly used them of late. And worse I haven't had much time of late to get on here to catch up on stuff, so I headed out Stow on the wold way. Then I stopped of at the Falconry centre which is in the grounds of Batsford arboretum, a very nice place to visit and the staff I thought were very friendly. I even had the chance to have a couple of the owls land on my arm which was the highlight of the day, I plan to go back soon.
I am by no means an expert in this area of photography, and I am still getting to grips with my Nikon D610, But I enjoyed my day and i hope you will like the photos I add to this thread.

Wotan the Bald Eagle.

Wotan the Bald Eagle by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Bateleur Eagle

Bateleur Eagle by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Wotan " Gob Shot "

I know how you like a " Gob Shot " @Cobra this photo is especially for you.

Wotan the Bald Eagle by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Your shots, Mandy, of the Bald eagle are
quite impressive and their rendition too
after highlights recovery.
…and the claws…:eek:

An easy job to replace the hut by a forest
or something…

Beautiful birds. I've seen the Bateleur in the wild and they are a super impressive bird. That's an immature so be great to go back and snap it in a year.

I know how you like a " Gob Shot " @Cobra this photo is especially for you.
(y)

Its a really nice place, the staff are friendly, all in all, its a good fun day ( or half day) out, isn't it Mandy?

(y)

Its a really nice place, the staff are friendly, all in all, its a good fun day ( or half day) out, isn't it Mandy?

It is a good place, I really did enjoy myself. I plan to go back soon 1. to get more practice at birds in flight and 2 I want to do the flying start and get to know a bit more about the birds.

I did a hands on day some years back. Feeding and flying ect, most enjoyable.

Nice images (y)

Back