Cottages

That could be almost any period in time, nicely done Gav.

Picture book perfect.

That could be almost any period in time, nicely done Gav.
Thank you, I wish I had a wider lens with me, I backed myself into the hedge as far as I could, but still couldn't get it all in.
Gave me a headache cloning the alarm box, wires and airels out :LOL: .. blown sky too :headbang:

Very nice capture of a picturesque row of cottages Gav.

Thank you, had to do some tweaking to remove modern eye sores ;)
I would never remove the street furniture and incidental objects.

Villages are living places as well as places to live. I live in one myself and the parked cars, telephone poles and street lighting are a major part of our environment.

I would never remove the street furniture and incidental objects.

Villages are living places as well as places to live. I live in one myself and the parked cars, telephone poles and street lighting are a major part of our environment.
I don't normally remove things, think that's why I mentioned I had done it, as I felt I had cheated something, no cars etc were removed, just a window sticker on a house window, overhead cables, white alarm box from the yellow wall.
I just felt the wires were a mess and the alarm box was a horrid
Thank you for the feedback, I'll worry less about that stuff in the future (y)

I don't normally remove things, think that's why I mentioned I had done it, as I felt I had cheated something, no cars etc were removed, just a window sticker on a house window, overhead cables, white alarm box from the yellow wall.
I just felt the wires were a mess and the alarm box was a horrid
Thank you for the feedback, I'll worry less about that stuff in the future (y)

All depends what you're after. A relatively timeless shot of a row of cottages would benefit from the removal of dating "artefacts" and is relatively simple (in this case). Removing a load of cars (which would be pretty much a given In AF's village) would be a bit harder.

A mono conversion might suit this shot but could also end up with all the painted cottages looking the same shade.

All depends what you're after. A relatively timeless shot of a row of cottages would benefit from the removal of dating "artefacts" and is relatively simple (in this case). Removing a load of cars (which would be pretty much a given In AF's village) would be a bit harder.

A mono conversion might suit this shot but could also end up with all the painted cottages looking the same shade.
Thank you, I don't think I have the skill to remove cars :LOL: I wanted to try and get this image to look as they would have years ago, our village is not what it was anymore and this is the last bit of the area that isn't built up and spoilt.

I will try a mono conversion, I'll have a play and see what I can do (y)

Thank you for the feedback :)

I think a bright yellow corsa would play just the part :)

Back