Counting the change

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
20p, 30p, 40p Hmmmmm don't you just love counting the change in your pocket Arthur.....

Taken at a recent event. Iso 800 deliberately. Only up for the smiley face.

By the look on his face, he found a nice hole in his pocket :D

Great capture, the b&w and high ISO treatment works well

Very good picture :). That's a great expression you've captured on the left hand chap's face, the textures are great with mono, and the high ISO has come out like a good film grain. The only very small criticism I could offer would be to crop slightly tighter to get rid of the part of the sign that's intruding at the top right.

Thanks guys, the sign was noted before uploading it but because it was just for the expression I didn't mind. For some reason it must have been funny face day, as nearly every shot someone is making strange facial expressions. Will upload more soon.
Thanks again.
Ken.

good shot Ken, nice capture

Pocket billiards :D

This shot shows perfectly what draws us to people photography, characters. You have done a great job of catching a moment in time and a fantastic character. Great shot Ken.

Great photos Ken, have brightened up my miserable day no end :)

People photographs are always interesting because they're always different, and these two are very well done.

You certainly have a eye for this kind of shot ken, all three are excellent and show in different ways people going about life.

Could this turn into your speciality area of photography?

SammyC said:
Niche area that, 'Freaks on trains'....

I bet his mum loves him though (quasi with the hat on)

Superb captures.
They say '60's to me by the way..they've got that kind of atmosphere about them.

Bachs said:
I bet his mum loves him though (quasi with the hat on)

Superb captures.
They say '60's to me by the way..they've got that kind of atmosphere about them.
Sorry to disappoint but it was a Victorian bank holiday weekend. Only a couple of years out.

Steve said:
You certainly have a eye for this kind of shot ken, all three are excellent and show in different ways people going about life.

Could this turn into your speciality area of photography?
Actually Steve, I had done a story board to go with these and other pics I took on that day, in the style of a whodunit. I was very close to PM’ing you to ask if you would mind if I uploaded it in 3 parts, leaving the end for members to guess. I wasn’t sure what you would have made of it so chickened out. The pics I took just seemed to lend themselves to a story as they rolled off the camera. Anyway I did really enjoy taking these, more so because nobody seemed to mind, just about everyone had cameras which made my first attempt at this very easy.
Thanks for the comments, I still have a few more if you’d like to see them.
Ken.
PS. The event was a Victorian bank holiday weekend at Tanfield railway station outside Stanley. Eosd old stamping ground. It is the oldest existing railway in the world and, also boasts the world’s oldest surviving railway bridge. I’m not a train enthusiast mind, I just thought it would be a good chance to get some shots with the possible intention of entering in the comp, think I already have that sorted though…

KenCo1964 said:
Actually Steve, I had done a story board to go with these and other pics I took on that day, in the style of a whodunit. I was very close to PM’ing you to ask if you would mind if I uploaded it in 3 parts, leaving the end for members to guess. I wasn’t sure what you would have made of it so chickened out.

I don't bite mate ;)

You should have dropped me a line as it would have been a good thread I think.

In future if anyone has any questions or would like to do something a bit different on the forums, please don't hesitate to drop me a PM. I promise the worse that will happen is I say no and if so, I will always explain why.

On the other hand there is a good chance I could say yes :)

"If I get this just right I can clear my cup and get it in his"

opps sorry, wrong thread ;)

Back