Countryfile

I found a link for the 2008 comp. and the max. recommended size was 10x8 or A4 size but you can send in smaller prints. I imagine it's still the same.

i've already printed off an A4 for No10 Farm Life.
It has to be one of the hardest competions to win but it's worth a go.

anyone on here have a photo in the final 12 (y) voting has started.

I was just wondering that too?

Some nice shots again I loved that red tractor in the trees.

Good luck if you are in the final 12!

Winner being announced this evening.

Good winner in the canal boat and horse but I loved the tractor personally.

I still love the tractor I didn't really think some of them were up to much...

The tractor stood out for me, I didn't see what was great about the canal scene and the one with the crooks at the sheepdog trials looked banal to me. I've only been here a few days and I've seen what I consider to be better photos here in that short time.

:shrug:

I think the canal scene had 'popular appeal', horse and all that but I'm with you on the crooks, not special at all for me.

Hmm, just had a look at them, so guessing the crooks, the canal and...?? neither are inspiring imo, the tractor is a stonker for me!

Mind you, I got annoyed at Chris Packham commenting on the composition of a particularly good hummingbird hawkmoth picture on Autumn Watch last week - personally, as a non-wildlife photographer, I thought it pretty well composed, but hey, I am not a TV person :naughty:

Mind you, I got annoyed at Chris Packham commenting on the composition of a particularly good hummingbird hawkmoth picture on Autumn Watch last week - personally, as a non-wildlife photographer, I thought it pretty well composed, but hey, I am not a TV person :naughty:

Yes, I spotted that too, "rather unusual composition" ... what twaddle.

Surely at least one 'pro' photographer should be on the panel of judges, rather than the usual media types?

Even on 'Strictly Come Dancing' or whatever it's called, three out of the four judges have been professional dancers at some stage in their careers.

N.B. I never watch it, but the missus loves it...honest.;)

Surely at least one 'pro' photographer should be on the panel of judges, rather than the usual media types?

Even on 'Strictly Come Dancing' or whatever it's called, three out of the four judges have been professional dancers at some stage in their careers.

N.B. I never watch it, but the missus loves it...honest.;)

Have to agree, its not just a question of looking a which photo looks the nicest but the technical detail that goes into a photo. Yes you can get hung up on technicalities, but as mentioned a balance between both presenters and a couple of professional photographers would make a fairer decision in my opinion

Realspeed

Back