Couple from today

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a walk up Calton Hill hoping to photograph the moon rise....but it was too cloudy in that direction so I settled for this silhouette. I could clone out the bird but decided I quite like it.

....and these two of the National Monument. In this one, I was drawn to the contrast between the pillars and the bright blue sky.

Don't think this one has quite hit the spot, I really struggle to get a decent WF shot of those pillars. I also tonemapped this image to give it a HDR feel but it's not really working for me. Is there anything I should remember when photographing a subject like this?

As usual your comments much appreciated.

Carol

Edit My Images
No
Number 3 in particular is sublime Carol. Great composition with beautiful late afternoon or evening lighting. I really like the three figures which add a sense of scale, proportion and also subliminally link to the three doric columns both at the front and rear of the structure. I think this striking image would also appeal in monochrome too.

OP
OP
C
Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks Nick, good to know i'm on the right track with no 3. Will take up your suggestion and try a monochrome conversion.

Carol

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
No3 is a great shot.

I think it has huge potential and is screaming out to be edited.

Nice work.

Matt

OP
OP
C
Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Well Nick here's the mono version

Matt, interested to know how you'd edit the shot?

Michael, I did think about cloning those pylons, but I'm rubbish at cloning so I let them be.

Thanks for all your comments

Carol