Couple of new dogs in rescue

Name
Christine
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to the rescue centre yesterday and they had a couple of dogs needing photos to go up on their website whose seven days were up elsewhere and had been rescued from being killed, only had a few minutes with them

A GSD cross type who goes into begging mode every time he is told to sit

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

Jack Russell
IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg

How about one of each - Along the lines of 'this is what he looks like NOW, behind bars' and 'this is how he COULD be - free and happy'.
An' I DO like your use of the word 'killed' instead of the euphemistic 'put to sleep' - These dogs have years of life in them and pleasure to share with humans.
spw

He's a lucky dog to be where he's at - if any dog in a rescue kennels can be called 'lucky'. No better rescue centre. You've only to look at the condition of the dogs Christine photographed.

I hope so, but maybe they would be better shown behind bars and sitting on concrete, I can never really work out which would be best

I think I would rather see pictures that showed a bit of their personality than go for the sympathy vote with bars etc - and hopefully any prospective owners would feel the same way.

Lovely photo's and I think they will definately help them find homes.

:eek: separated at birth?

4158991086_e55ab65cb6_z.jpg

Personally I prefer these kind of shots that show some personality [and they do, very well indeed], but I DO think the whole site, including the adoption pages, should have a few cage pics, just to remind people.... ;)

You know having 2 dogs was the best choice I made....:naughty:
However joking aside. I agee.

Hope your pictures help in finding them a forever home

Last edited:
You know having 2 dogs was the best choice I made....:naughty:

We already HAVE 2 of the blighters, I mean TWO Jack Russells! :eek: I would still have that boy though, but as my own stroppy OH and I are currently negotiating over having chickens [actually, its not so much the birds we disagree on, as the size/type of housing] and/or another cat [first time either of us have been without a cat since late teens], I think another dog might not be a good idea just atm :LOL:

Awe lovely pictures, well done. The best. Both of our Akitas are rescued.

I would love to work (obv voluntarily) for a kennels/rescue centre to take pictures of the doggies, I work for a breed specific one, but it's mainly online and when the dogs go up on the site, they're based all over the country, I'd love to actually get up and meet the dogs. Maybe when we move to Scotland next year and I have a bit more time on my hands I'll seek out a rescue who need a helping hand :D xxxxx

Thanks Fi.

Yv, they are similar aren't they - not sure that this lad would be suitable for you anyway as he can be a bit anti-social with other dogs, there are 17 there currently looking for homes so I am sure we could find one that is suitable with chickens, cats, other JR's and your other half :D

Lucy and Tina if you fancy another one there are a couple of husky/malamute and various terrier types needing homes - I think most rescues would be glad of volunteers to help clean and exercise the dogs,, it means that they get a bit more individual attention whilst waiting for homes as well instead of being stuck in their kennels and runs nearly all day.

I hope so, but maybe they would be better shown behind bars and sitting on concrete, I can never really work out which would be best
A question I used to struggle with too Christine but I made an informed decision a while back to only post representative photographs on the website of the rescue organisation I volunteer for. That is to say, representative of the dogs (portraying their true characters/state of health etc. whether good or bad) and of their environment at the kennels which is actually very pleasant.

I can PM you with the boring stats I've compiled over the years if you like but suffice it to say that in my experience, honest depictions result in permanent rehomings. Sad doggie faces behind bars shift hounds quickly because kids trawl the net, pester their parents and heart strings are tugged. Those dogs are almost invariably returned within short order and the experience unsettles them - better that they'd remained in rescue for a little while longer until the right home came along. People saw a photo of a dog "in prison" and wanted to give him/her a nice cosy basket by the fireside but hadn't appreciated the realities.

Beautifully exposed images and really well captured expressions - you've done a great PR job! (y) I wish them both the best of luck in finding the families they deserve very soon. Please keep us posted on their progress if you can :)

They both look gorgeous, here's hoping they find loving homes soon.

After much thought, got myself a rescue puppy on Friday

Say hello to Meg :love:

2d8kl1w.jpg

Last edited:
Meg is a stunner :love:

Honestly these work best, any potential new owner would like to see how happy they are in natural surroundings rather than a prison.

Your photos are fantastic and will only aid the Dogs speedy re-homing,, well done you!

She is cute - must have been a really caring breeder to have a pup that young in rescue !

And it happens soo much more than people are aware of. That's what you get for thousands of BYBs - but then you get the plus that a poopie like Meg gets a wonderful home which is much better than what she woulda otherwise ended up with, no doubt!

She's a lovely pup :)

Honestly these work best, any potential new owner would like to see how happy they are in natural surroundings rather than a prison.

Your photos are fantastic and will only aid the Dogs speedy re-homing,, well done you!

Thanks Liam, I am delighted to say that one of the latest rescues already has a new home with one of our fellow TP members

if i didnt have two jack russells already! And i agree, getting having two jacks was the best thing i ever did.

I'll comment on this.

A few years ago I started visiting a greyhound rescue once a month to photograph the dogs for adoption. Once a month - and I'd probably have 4-6 hounds needing photos.

But the photos drew people in - the rehoming rate before they got good photos was fairly static. It was fairly static after I started taking the photos but a level nearly double before!

Images of a happy, well adjusted looking hound showed the side of the dogs a rescue struggle to get across in other ways. And your images are always top class, so I'm sure they will do plenty of good.

Back