CPP pixel size issue

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I have only just started to use CPP having downloaded the latest version.
I used it some time ago approx 4 years but found it too clunky and just to say still find it a little cumbersome.
Things like after using the white balance picker and then clicking the next photo to edit you have to click a different tool before you can select the next photo but I digress.

I started to use DPP because my monthly subscription of Photoshop/Lightroom CC had finished and so armed with my new 1D X MK II thought I'd give it a go as I had read it now has lens optimization for Canon lenses.
And I must say that the sharpening, colour and detail resolved is excellent, so what is my gripe?

When saving a file it always saves with a different pixel size than the actual original file.
I am refering to an unresized file or an uncropped file ie the actual original pixel size as per the full sensor shows as correct while processing even just before going to convert and save.
However, within the convert and save window without doing anything I have noticed that nigh on 95 percent of the files have different pixel dimensions.

Mostly each width by height is somewhat smaller and not by a few pixels, the true pixels are 5472 x 3648px but I have had anything from a straight 5300 x 3600 dead on.
Then odd figures like 5457 x 3624 even over size such as 5578 x 3684

And I repeat, I have not resized or cropped in any way, either in camera or in programme. and these all show the true correct pixels of 5472 x 3648px whilst editing.

Has anyone else come across this?

Back