Crazy Badger's 52 for 2011 (week 13 & 14 - empty & object)

Got to say I really prefer the colour version. It certainly looks very finished.

Hiya Adrian,

Firstly (y) your re-crop of Hard is spot on.

Wow you don't waste time getting your weeks posted and drat you have beat me to one of the ideas I shot for this week (but I might still post it anyway), but then I have 3 images complete and ready to post and an idea for a 4th ....... so need to think a bit more about which to submit for Week 9.

I have to agree with others that the colour version look better. I'm just not sure about the greenish leaves on the stem .... and I'm trying to think if the image would look better without them :thinking:

A fab take and shot for the theme though.

Cheers

Dawn :)

A river view and balcony at the hotel this week (photographed from the other side in week 1) was too good an opportunity to miss, so this week is a trio of bridges on the tyne!

From left to right: High Level Bridge - Swing Bridge - Tyne Bridge

4 shots stitched in PS and cropped. Don't think the small version to fit within TP limits does it justice so have include a link to the full version too.

trio.jpg

trio large

Last edited:
Hiya Adrian,

Wow! Wow! Wow! That is absolutely stunning and so well put together and spot on theme!

I think this has to be the best photo I have seen here so far and indeed one has to see the larger image to appreciate how brill this looks. I couldn't believe it when I clicked on the link an my wide screen was just taken over by all the lights and structure.

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Thats amazing! I must have spent about 20 minutes looking at your large trio and its brilliant. I love everything going on in it, looking through the windows, laughing at the focus in the VIP parking section, looking at the couple watching tv in one of the posh apartments by the station. Thats great mate (y)

Thanks for all your positive feedback! It's hard to take a bad picture with such a wonderful view :D

OK, on to week 11!

Very little free time again this week (will be glad when this Oracle implementation is over) so we're back in the same locations around Gateshead and South Shields.

Someone with great knowledge and wisdom is often referred to as a Sage, so I give you - The Sage in Gateshead (if you look closely through the middle set of windows you'll see the same!)

knowledge.png

As for the reshoot, I really didn't like my "new" picture from week 2 so thought I'd have another go at that. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been great this week in the North East so I still didn't get a particularly good shot, but I think it's an improvement on the original effort (although I'm sure some won't like the HDR treatment)

Reshoot
new_reshoot.png

Original
new.png

Thanks to AndyMc133 for the inspiration this week!

Had no ideas until I saw Andy's shot and then low and behold this pulled in and parked up on the other side of the Tyne!!

Was only there a couple of days and is now off somewhere moderating the seas...

moderation.jpg

Hiya Adrian,

Seem to have missed some of your weeks so for a quick catch up:

Re-shoot: Wow I really like this one and the HDR treatment.

Knowledge: Like your interpretation and the use of the subject. That is one very unusual looking building and I love the way you have photographed it to show the contours and colours.

Moderation: Another good take on the theme although not a subject I have much interest in (perhaps because I don't really know much about the boats).

I think you are doing a great job with your project.

Cheers

Thanks again for all the comments, and sorry I haven't replied sooner but work is manic at the minute with an Oracle implementation going live tomorrow :runaway:

With so little time, I've managed to kill two birds with one stone tonight as I drove into the hotel car park to find it completely empty

empty.jpg

Well it was before I parked my car, an object which used to be owned by the North Wales police!

object.jpg

Last edited:
Back