Creating a pale face

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone. I'm currently working on a photo-manip. It's a vampire and as you know vampires have a very pale face. I was wondering how I would achieve this in Photoshop CS2?? All I can think of is using defuse glow.. but it makes the face too.. glowy lol does anyone have any other methods of creating a pale face??

you could mask the face then desaturate to suit..

agree with fraggle, selective desat seems easiest unless you really want to spend hours getting it perfect.

I'm no expert but how about using a white brush with a lowish opacity to paint over it making it whiter without losing the detail below?

Can we see the pic you are working on?

Hi,

Here's how I would do it:

1.First I'd add a colour balance adjustment layer to sort out the heavy yellow colour cast.
2. Add a new layer and paint white over the skin areas. Change this layer mode to "Color".
3. Duplicate this layer and set the layer mode to "Overlay".
4. Adjust the opacity of both layers to suit. (It's nice to bring back a little skin colour so that it doesn't look like you just desaturated.

(I also used this technique to whiten the dress a bit)

vamp-1.jpg

Hi,

Here's how I would do it:

1.First I'd add a colour balance adjustment layer to sort out the heavy yellow colour cast.
2. Add a new layer and paint white over the skin areas. Change this layer mode to "Color".
3. Duplicate this layer and set the layer mode to "Overlay".
4. Adjust the opacity of both layers to suit. (It's nice to bring back a little skin colour so that it doesn't look like you just desaturated.

(I also used this technique to whiten the dress a bit)

vamp-1.jpg
Thats great. Thanks for that, I appreciate it.

Back