Creative Live now - newborn posing

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
Something I know nothing about - I'm finding it fascinating.

Are the frog poses on too - which I find them a tad unnatural.

I caught a little bit of that. To be honest I'm not all that comfortable with newborn posing, or the use of certain props and perculiar headgear. Each to their own though I guess.

I caught a little bit of that. To be honest I'm not all that comfortable with newborn posing, or the use of certain props and perculiar headgear. Each to their own though I guess.

I find it a revelation, just going back a few years, newborn photography was the most boring ugly portraiture, this stuff has created a great market.

I would agree that it can look visually very striking, I'm just not keen on the process of achieving it and I find some of the props and headgear a bit grotesque to be honest.

I would agree that it can look visually very striking, I'm just not keen on the process of achieving it and I find some of the props and headgear a bit grotesque to be honest.

I see where you're coming from, I'm trying to work out whether to invest in some stuff to have a go.

I see where you're coming from, I'm trying to work out whether to invest in some stuff to have a go.

I think it may well be a bit of a fad, partly as sometimes there's little difference in an image of one sleeping baby in a bucket or with a silly hat to another - might as well sell every mum the same shot :D

I know a few peeps who do this, and a couple who teach it too as they are excellent at it

A typical shoot can last 4 hours or more and with no certainty of getting anything; many of the poses are composites enquiring good editing skills; the babies need to be shot within the first 10 days ideally or they don't sleep enough; and several don't seem to be making the big order from it that warrants all the effort :(

Its certainly not for me

Dave

I think it may well be a bit of a fad, partly as sometimes there's little difference in an image of one sleeping baby in a bucket or with a silly hat to another - might as well sell every mum the same shot :D

I know a few peeps who do this, and a couple who teach it too as they are excellent at it

A typical shoot can last 4 hours or more and with no certainty of getting anything; many of the poses are composites enquiring good editing skills; the babies need to be shot within the first 10 days ideally or they don't sleep enough; and several don't seem to be making the big order from it that warrants all the effort :(

Its certainly not for me

Dave

I've decided to do a couple for 'fun' this year (2 of my brides that I've kept in touch with are pregnant).

I've had a realisation that a youthful (stop laughing at the back) 40 odd year old can still look like a relevant wedding photographer, but I don't see me retiring into it any more:(. So it's a broadening of horizons. I shot kids before and really don't enjoy it. The kids were great, the parents get on my nerves:bat:.

I've had a realisation that a youthful (stop laughing at the back) 40 odd year old can still look like a relevant wedding photographer, but I don't see me retiring into it any more:(. So it's a broadening of horizons. I shot kids before and really don't enjoy it. The kids were great, the parents get on my nerves:bat:.

Its funny but I was wondering about how age stops you being 'current' and worth hiring :thinking: Then I attended a presentation by Joe Buissink who didn't pick up a camera until in his mid 40s and who is very much in demand in his early 60s now, and then I started to see others who are all 60+ and doing well with young couples, maybe its a confidence thing that reverence comes with age too

Anyway, I feel much happier about my youthful late 40s now :D

Dave

You might be right, I still bounce about like a teenager, (but I feel it the next day) maybe I'm being overly pessimistic about my age?

Anyway, I'm still doing a couple this year, if nothing else it's exercise of my creative muscles.

And Bumps and Babies is a natural progression from weddings in a Social media led marketing world?

(50 next year:help:)

You might be right, I still bounce about like a teenager, (but I feel it the next day) maybe I'm being overly pessimistic about my age?

Anyway, I'm still doing a couple this year, if nothing else it's exercise of my creative muscles.

And Bumps and Babies is a natural progression from weddings in a Social media led marketing world?

(50 next year:help:)

God you sound a lot like me !!! I still run & 'bounce' around like I think I can - though sometimes I just can't :(

In my head I'm still in my Uni days age-wise and I'd bounce a Hell of a lot better if I could lose my fat gut and getter closer to my weight of those days too :LOL:

And yes, next year I'll be 50 as well, though honestly, I don't give a toss about that :)

Dave

Alike - what these bits?

'opinionated'?
Or 'experienced and knowledgeable'?

overweight?
Or 'all the signs of enjoying the finer things in life'?

Immature?
Or 'Youthful'?

I'm not worried about the number 50, but the arthritis in my hands from my years as a mechanic bothers me a bit, as does needing reading glasses. No matter how much I believe I'm not getting any older my body is starting to get other ideas.

Something I know nothing about - I'm finding it fascinating.

I watched quite a bit of this Phil, and as you say fascinating in lots of way's, i have just had new grand daughter (not literally :D) so i thought i would have a go, unfortunately when i went to visit my daughter, the little one refused to sleep, it took me ages just to get 2 half decent shots posted below.

I'm trying to work out whether to invest in some stuff to have a go.

I bought a few hats from one of the girls from the forum a couple of months back, which i got a very good price, and then i had a look around places like Dunnelms and got a couple of throws really cheap, along with a couple of cheap baskets, i think the lot probably came to about £40.

To be honest i don't think this is something i would want to do for a living, and as Dave mentioned above, the average shoot must last a few hours, with probably selling just 2/3 prints, i would certainly be happy to do it for family and friends though

opinionated'?
Or 'experienced and knowledgeable'?

overweight?
Or 'all the signs of enjoying the finer things in life'?

Immature?
Or 'Youthful'?

I'm not worried about the number 50, but the arthritis in my hands from my years as a mechanic bothers me a bit, as does needing reading glasses. No matter how much I believe I'm not getting any older my body is starting to get other ideas.

Apart from the mechanic, i can relate to all of the above :D

First time I've tried this

I watched quite a bit of this Phil, and as you say fascinating in lots of way's, i have just had new grand daughter (not literally :D) so i thought i would have a go, unfortunately when i went to visit my daughter, the little one refused to sleep, it took me ages just to get 2 half decent shots posted below.

I bought a few hats from one of the girls from the forum a couple of months back, which i got a very good price, and then i had a look around places like Dunnelms and got a couple of throws really cheap, along with a couple of cheap baskets, i think the lot probably came to about £40.

To be honest i don't think this is something i would want to do for a living, and as Dave mentioned above, the average shoot must last a few hours, with probably selling just 2/3 prints, i would certainly be happy to do it for family and friends though

Apart from the mechanic, i can relate to all of the above :D

First time I've tried this

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/beachy47/media/Avia4resizeddesat_zpsf3c518f3.jpg.html

http://s59.photobucket.com/user/beachy47/media/AV2Resized_zpsa335be51.jpg.html

Nice shots.

My sister knits and I'm arranging some chunky 'knitwear'
I've got a few other suitable props.

Nice shots.

My sister knits and I'm arranging some chunky 'knitwear'
I've got a few other suitable props.

Phil get the chunky hand spun yarns those cost a fortune to purchase. I am a little obsessed with newborn knits, I have about 40 now in various different designs, parents love them. I also enjoy playing hunt the prop when out and about, be careful it can take over your life lol.

You could teach yourself to crochet ;) I had enough of paying for expensive hats and decided to teach myself by watching youtube tutorials! If you can master a basic bonnet and a basic beanie you are onto something (y)

You could teach yourself to crochet ;) I had enough of paying for expensive hats and decided to teach myself by watching youtube tutorials! If you can master a basic bonnet and a basic beanie you are onto something (y)

I've got my sister onto it(y).

Back