A Creative Still Life OK I was bored :D C+C Welcome

7006659864_4dd6ea02b5_b.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
umm

what is it ?

and why is it NSFW ?

Last edited:
without robs post it would only be nsfw to those with feelthy minds.... so yeah best leave it on :LOL:

LOL you lot will argue about anything :p
(edited by mod now safe for everyone :D)

Actually I quite like it Dave (with or without the Bikini suggestive ;))
Very retro and reminiscent of 60's style pictures.

without robs post it would only be nsfw to those with feelthy minds.... so yeah best leave it on :LOL:

:D thanks Pete

LOL you lot will argue about anything :p
(edited by mod now safe for everyone :D)

Actually I quite like it Dave (with or without the Bikini suggestive ;))
Very retro and reminiscent of 60's style pictures.

:LOL:

Thanks for editing it Chris

I like its simplicity :)

Very clever Dave, I like or a lot, but tbh the link was better lol

Thanks Darren and :D to the link

Really don't know what to make of it Dave! I don't dislike it, but really not sure.
Is this your cubist period?

Wow .... This really is unusual and very unique .... For a photo its very creative and so 60's style.

Took a moment or 2 to figure it out as it first looked like you had done this in Photoshop without a camera even being in sight!!

I like it Dave, you might have started something off here (y)

Wow .... This really is unusual and very unique .... For a photo its very creative and so 60's style.

Took a moment or 2 to figure it out as it first looked like you had done this in Photoshop without a camera even being in sight!!

I like it Dave, you might have started something off here (y)

Thanks Scott :)

Last edited:
the white bit looks like a bit missing...a top would have helped...even in black
not keen on the tan colour though
red has more impact

get a life Dave!!

:D

Aye well Dave, keep taking the tablets and it'll soon pass.

... have to agree that the marinov link looks good though.

Well for me there is no detail in any part of the image and it might have been just drawn in a graphic package, the blocks of colour have no texture in no shaping down with shadows. I am sorry to say for me it is not working at all. Photography is all about painting with light, this also means shadow, and there is none.
Oh and as the image has white at the edge then a black stroke would have been better not a white one.

the white bit looks like a bit missing...a top would have helped...even in black
not keen on the tan colour though
red has more impact

:D

No I wanted it like that Geof, the tan represents skin

get a life Dave!!

I'll try :D

Aye well Dave, keep taking the tablets and it'll soon pass.

... have to agree that the marinov link looks good though.

Thanks Charles, I think I took to many tablets :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll be honest Dave, this one is not really doing all that much for me :shrug: I can see the merits of what you were doing though (y)

Matt

No probs matt, I was just trying graphic rather than photo look, (BTW it is a photo not PS) thats not got much PP took ages to get it right in cam, suggestive erotics not my normal stuff just gave it a go :D

Well for me there is no detail in any part of the image and it might have been just drawn in a graphic package, the blocks of colour have no texture in no shaping down with shadows. I am sorry to say for me it is not working at all. Photography is all about painting with light, this also means shadow, and there is none.
Oh and as the image has white at the edge then a black stroke would have been better not a white one.

Thanks for your comments Chaz (y)

Think your missing the point here Chaz its meant to look like a graphic,(makes you look twice) with solid blocks of colour, I also wanted it to be texture-less to enhance the bold blocks of colour, it took me ages to work out how to get the shot without shadows, and different tones, as said I also wanted it to run off into the border at the top, to further add a puzzle into it

Very interesting, different and well executed image Dave, theme taken from a very suggestive original. You certainly put a lot of effort into it. :clap:

I appreciate its not everyones cup of tea, but I had to try it, I just wanted peps to think is it a photo or graphic, in that instance its worked although some dont understand that concept, as its not the norm

Last edited:
I really like it, always thought the original was actually a lamp, that the second thing ive learnt today that i never knew.

I like it Dave- as said very retro, even art decco :D

Ypu have too much free time on your hands buddy

Les (y)

I do like that a lot, I liked it more when I read what it was and how my mind initially looked at it

I like it. Has a bit of trompe l'oeil about it. You can't tell its a 3d object it looks like a 2d poster.

To be honest i think the graphic type look, was daves intention, did you look at the link from where the inspiration came from?
It is a very clever photo, although not really my cup of tea, but the colours are spot on
overall well done dave, but i do prefer the link :D:D

I like it a lot Dave(y), must have taken an age to get it looking like that. Well done.:clap:

I like it. Has a bit of trompe l'oeil about it. You can't tell its a 3d object it looks like a 2d poster.

Thanks Sue (y)

To be honest i think the graphic type look, was daves intention, did you look at the link from where the inspiration came from?
It is a very clever photo, although not really my cup of tea, but the colours are spot on
overall well done dave, but i do prefer the link :D:D

Thanks Darrell, pleased you can see my thinking (y) and :LOL:

Last edited:
Back