Crich Tramway

Edit My Images
Yes
visited the old tramway at Crich(derbyshire) today, typical, it was grey overcast and foggy in the morning, and too bright in the afternoon, anyway here's one of the shots..
tram.jpg

edit.. added another too
tram2.jpg

Very nice shot Stev ... although I would have probably left out some of the foreground where it is just tracks ... imo ... :p

Might have been good to see the tram a little closer for more detail but still framed by the lovely old bridge ... great composition though ... (y)

I like the first one as the track/tram lines lead you very nicely into the photo, not to sure about the second one as the sky seems to be a little blown and kinda pulls the eye away from the trams IMO. Defo first one is very good.

Was two taken on this "foggy morning"?
I like it! The general foginess to the image adds a feeling of age and mystery... The tracks and the left tram slip your eye right onto the front facing one, too - ace!

So yeah, no.2 for me :D

Nice shots, Steve. Is the sky blown out or have you not had this wonderful blue for the past couple of weeks like us southerners?

I like the tracks in the first one - they lead the eye nicely into the shot :) Nice shots, and I bet the second one would work really well in sepia ;)

Janice said:
Nice shots, Steve. Is the sky blown out or have you not had this wonderful blue for the past couple of weeks like us southerners?

hi janice
we have had glorious blue skies until we went there, it was qite foggy, and then extremely humid in the afternoon, its now 18:43pm and 27degrees outside.

interesting stuff there Steve, not seen anything like that in the flesh

Nice shots Boon! I like the colours in #2. Not old but adds to the "previous era" feel.

The sky on #2 is a shame and the electric lines are actually distracting as the have artefacts round them. I would be tempted to clone them out at least to see how it looked.

HIMUPNORTH said:
Nice shots Boon! I like the colours in #2. Not old but adds to the "previous era" feel.

The sky on #2 is a shame and the electric lines are actually distracting as the have artefacts round them. I would be tempted to clone them out at least to see how it looked.

i did think about cloning them out, but it would leave such a big area of bland sky, may be worth burning the tram cables in:thinking:

Back