Critique my border/watermark

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a different one this, i am not actually looking for critique on my photos this time, but the borders.

I am currently using this, but have a new website on the way so am updating to include the new logo/font.

197181_205337086160094_119168001443670_758684_133349_n.jpg

So this is my new one.

IMG_3561-Edit.jpg

Would be interested to hear what you think, or if it can be easily improved. I am using lightroom with the mogrify plugin.

Thanks! (y)

Last edited:
I prefer the first one, for me the second one is so small that it almost looks like there is no border or it's part of the picture if you get what I mean!?

HTH :)

I like the new one, it doesn't obscure anything in the picture, and it does it's job well at preventing people from stealing your images. Your old one could easily be cropped out as it's not actually covering any of the picture.

I prefer the first one, for me the second one is so small that it almost looks like there is no border or it's part of the picture if you get what I mean!?

HTH :)

I like the new one, it doesn't obscure anything in the picture, and it does it's job well at preventing people from stealing your images. Your old one could easily be cropped out as it's not actually covering any of the picture.

Thanks guys. I guess i should elaborate on what i want it to do.
  • Firstly i want to update the font.
  • I want something to impose onto the image itself, just for some very limited security.
  • I want to use the same images on facebook and forums. Forums typically allow up to 800px, where as facebook is limited to 720px and i don't want to let fb resize. So a small a border as posible makes the most of the image.

Second one has my vote too.

I think I prefer the 2nd one myself to be honest, i supose it is just down to personal choice at the end of the day

I prefer the second one. The border is not as 'intrusive' and the font looks better too IMO.

It's more of an advertising watermark for small low res images i allow for use on the web, either on my own fb page, or when i give them for clients to use on their fb. Although it does very slightly obscure the image, i don't think it is enough for someone to bother cropping it out. Especially as the client would have already bought the original.

What it does mean, is anyone that sees it and decides they like it, knows who took it. Google "David Walker Photography" and i am the first result. :)

2nd one looks good to me, but only because it looks like the 1st is not available anymore - or its blocked at work! ;)

Ahh yeah ok. First one was linked from facebook, i was being lazy and just grabbed the link.
Re-hosted now. :)

Sorry don't like the borders, as for the watermark it should be accross the middle of the image. Remember that all images can be taken of the internet even with the watermark on it. So make it harder to remove and to post images at a low res.

For the reasons you quote, I'd go with the second, easier to see and doesn't distract so much as the border on the first.

I prefer the font on the first one, but the layout on the second, if that makes sense?

Much prefer the second one.

Another vote for number 2. Prefer the subtler border and the font is easier to read.

second one for me :) looks more modern

Back