Crop Field at Sunset

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst driving home I noticed that the gate to this field had been left open, so I turned my car around, parked up and walked into the field to capture this image. I've always wanted to get a shot like this and I hope I did the scene justice. Does anyone know what crop the farmer is growing?

Crop Field at Sunset
by
Steven Fergus, on Flickr

That looks nice, though I'd have also been interested to see it in portrait. The crop looks like ordinary wheat to me.

Lovely shot Steven, well composed, great light, and a nice sky.(y)

George.

I quite like this, always worked on trying to portray the crops in their full glory.... but this year has been a pain with Work and Home taking over.
Its a fairly cool image (as in the light) but nice none the less, like the tinge of sunset coming through the clouds.... but those houses keep drawing my eye.
The green wheat gives a nice earthy rural feel to the shot, and it has a nice vanishing point up the tractors spraying tracks....

Be worth another visit when the Wheat turns golden and the golden hour light hitting it and then when its cut look out for the Baling!

With many crops some are drilled early and some late and also the orientation of the field and a host of other things can affect the ripening, its just a case of keeping an eye out:)

Thanks for all the comments folks.

Bonni - Your right is it quite a cool image. I did warm it up a fair bit in Lightroom but I didn't want to overcook it. I'll try and return when the wheat has turned golden and compare the two :)

Hopefully you can find sometime to get out yourself too!

Last edited:
Back