Crop opinion - Self Portrait

Vic

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey,

Im getting interviewed next week and to accompany the article they want a self portrait. Most of my self portraits are bit revealing so I decided to go for a more quirkier look as it is an Indie mag.

However I cannot decided on a crop and have been staring at my computer for the past fifteen minutes? Any opinions?

:thinking: bah looking at it now it looks a bit soft!

IMG_996full9-1.jpg

2. - Cropped.
IMG_9969crop2-1.jpg

Same as above (I feel raise the left eye maybe?)... Lovely eyes....

Poo, harvey just replied before I hit the send button... Therefore I agree with mikharper

First one for me - more emphasis on your eyes (y)...but I'd rather see all the hat or maybe slightly less - as at the moment it looks a bit like you 'missed' :)

Thanks very much guys (y) For the sake of an inch its a big decision :D I quite like the top one myself, might shave a little off it!

IMHO, it's a mix of the two, you need to have as much skin below the eyes as above them so it squarely frames the eye in the face.

Also, and I think someone mentioned it, the expression looks a bit 'surprised' I would consider less wide open and more 'intense', or if you want to make it more cheeky or involving perhaps a raised eyebrow or wink...

Nice lighting, DOF and colours, it just needs a liiiiittle fiddling...

Thanks Darrens for more votes! :)

Also, and I think someone mentioned it, the expression looks a bit 'surprised' I would consider less wide open and more 'intense', or if you want to make it more cheeky or involving perhaps a raised eyebrow or wink...

Thanks! I think I'm quite happy with the expression, suprised was the look I was going for the give the quirkier look. I cant pull of intense and I dont have any eyebrows to raise one :D

Looking for the poll :LOL:

2nd one for me :)

Back