Cropping for Printing

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so probably another stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway :nuts:

When I am going to print out an image how to I crop to the correct size for an A4 print for example? Currently I just crop so it looks right as an image but occasionaly I really want to print out an image and it is never the right size for the paper :shrug:

Using CS3 btw

I might be being a bit thick here :bonk: but it is the crop ration that I am stuck on. If I crop an image to how I think it looks right then the ratio might be completly wrong to then get that image on an A4 print. So do I need to consider any size ratios in my image crops so then it will fit better on A4?

Sorry if I am not understanding this properly :bang:

I might be being a bit thick here :bonk: but it is the crop ration that I am stuck on. If I crop an image to how I think it looks right then the ratio might be completly wrong to then get that image on an A4 print. So do I need to consider any size ratios in my image crops so then it will fit better on A4?

Sorry if I am not understanding this properly :bang:

If you crop 10x8"this is a perfect fit for A4.you can set the size at the top of the page when you select the crop tool

I found 10x8 still gave me a large gap top and bottom. However using 21x29.7cm was the right size to fit the paper. Am I doing the right thing?

Thanks for the help :)

I found 10x8 still gave me a large gap top and bottom. However using 21x29.7cm was the right size to fit the paper. Am I doing the right thing?

Thanks for the help :)
The reason I said 10x8" is because that is the size that most frames accept,but depends weather you want to fill the page as above or print to put in frame

Seems to me that you are doing right to crop to the exact aspect that you want but it may be the case that that is not suitable for the picture you want to print and you may need to use a differant shaped paper to better display your photograph. ie. A tall portrait will suit A4 better than 10 x 8.

Currently I am using frames that do not have any boarders so they are full A4 size, sorry didn't make that clear :bonk:

So I think I need to do as described above but using the correct A4 measurements?

Sure if the frame does not fit the correct crop you then have to decide weather or not to use it. For some photos you may decide to be more flexable with the frame you use.

Back