weekly Crotal Bell 52 for 2023 Wk 52 Favourite from 2023.

Two good shots Keith, love the colour pop in your rubbish shot and the b&w processing of your sound shot.

Rubbish - well spotted and good fit for the theme.
Sound - another good spot. I hope he has enough energy to play it.

Two good shots Keith, love the colour pop in your rubbish shot and the b&w processing of your sound shot.
Many thanks Bill, I seem to always favour B&W for urban scenes.
Rubbish - well spotted and good fit for the theme.
Sound - another good spot. I hope he has enough energy to play it.
He was just leaving, looks like it wore him out !

My local lake has Reed Buntings in the high reeds, and until now, I have struggled to get very close to them, however, yesterday this little fella decided he was happy to sit at the top of a small bush and sing his song while I crept close.
I was roasting in the heat, but it was a lovely moment, so it deserves to be my snappers choice for this week.

Forum Bunting.jpg

Lovely Reed Bunting shot Keith :)

Sound works well, clear what;s happening!

The Reed Bunting (I'll take your word for it), is lovely, the beautiful soft fade in the BG from green through blue to the white is fantastic. The bird and the leaves are excellent too. Great composition, feather detail and a catchlight in the eye. Top work.

Sound works well, clear what;s happening!

The Reed Bunting (I'll take your word for it), is lovely, the beautiful soft fade in the BG from green through blue to the white is fantastic. The bird and the leaves are excellent too. Great composition, feather detail and a catchlight in the eye. Top work.
That's really kind of you to say Graham and it means a lot to me, I am chuffed and very grateful.

A lovely shot Keith, with a perfect backdrop. Really well composed.

That's a beautiful shot. Nicely composed and great dof to do him justice.

I watched the tip of my rod all day........nothing. Oh well, there's always next time.,
On the plus side, numerous Kingfishers flying by, Swans with Cygnets, a Buzzard getting chased off by Crows, and insect life galore !
Fish.jpg

Good interpretation of the theme.
Not sure about the lens flare tbh but that's just me nit picking.

Good interpretation of the theme.
Not sure about the lens flare tbh but that's just me nit picking.
Yeah it does spoil it. I hardly ever use photos with lens flare, I was running late on the theme and it fitted the bill so I let this one go.

Didn;t spot the rod at first glance, including that ticks the theme better! Looks a lovely quiet spot!

Fab - I spent half my youth on a riverbank fishing. Im sure that gave me my love of nature and the peace and quiet of the countryside...

Didn;t spot the rod at first glance, including that ticks the theme better! Looks a lovely quiet spot!
Sadly the ring road behind is annoying, but still a nice spot. When I was a lad it was pure peace but urbanisation has squeezed this spot and there's not much left.

Good one Keith, too bad you couldn't have gotten a close-up of a fish, "torn from the embrace of the water", for this week's theme!

Plenty of choices this week with all the new builds going on around my area at the moment.
The area that has been dug up was part of Robert Bruce School playing fields. I broke the school 200mtrs record on that spot, so a bit sad to see it go.
The school is derelict and could easily have been this weeks picture, but the loss of the fields was my choice.
The old school is supposed to be coming down and the whole project is to build a dedicated new school for people in Bedfordshire with learning difficulties.
Unsightly.jpg

Ticks the box for sure. At least it's temporary!

I'm on a similar tack with my submission for this theme either. Hope they actually retain some green space when the new building goes up.

I'm on a similar tack with my submission for this theme either. Hope they actually retain some green space when the new building goes up.
Yes it seems every bit of urban green gets concreted these days.

Your torn shot made me laugh and the unsightly shot definitely fills the bill.

Back