cs2 will not respond

Edit My Images
Yes
any ideas anyone I got a copy of cs2 it installed ok launces ok but will not respond my pc is above the rec spec strange thing is it works on my old pc thats way below:thinking:
any ideas thanks steve c

had this on my f-in-laws PC, but haven't had a chance to look at it properly, I thought it might be a graphics card issue, have you got the latest drivers installed for your card?

His PC is a dell 9150 with an ATi graphics card.

Hi glen yes did that first

I had this when I first installed Cs2 on my laptop, turned out that when I removed some of the bundled junk that came with it from dell, it stripped out a few bits that CS2 needed.

Reinstall of windoze was the only thing that got it working right.

What exactly does yours do?
it might be worth trying to reset the preferences incase it's having memory useage issues.

mines ati also but that should not be a probleml should it ?

it dont do nufing just sit looking at me my pc is one I got that had being on display in the shop its full of crap that they installed did not want to go down the re installing windows road just yet

My copy of CS will stop at the point it says "Loading global text resources" unless I have my networked desktop switched on ( or I unplug the network cable) weird

The best place to go for the answer is the Adobe Forums

Click on Photoshop & Imageready on the product index and sign up.

Very helpful chappies on there.
It's user to user and the Adobe techies join in too.
Be sure to follow the link to known problems before posting...theres hundreds of them!

I solved a peculiar problem on mine by using this resourse.

Solution - Switch to PSP! :wave: :exit:

fixed the bugger re installed windows (memo to self when you know the problem do not avoid the solution)
thanks all for your support

Just for future reference could it have been a bad filter or plugin trying to load when opening PS

I had this problem on my new laptop with both CS and CS2 - Photoshop locking after load.

After a quick check on the Adobe Photoshop forums the problem was tracked down to the default language in Windows Setup. It was English-Welsh which caused it to lock.

I changed the language to English and it's worked fine ever since :)

More info here : http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/332798.html

Background information

Computers from certain manufacturers such as Dell, HP and Fujitsu, which are sold in the UK as of late 2005, ship with a new Windows XP SP2 OEM version, which has the language set to Welsh by default. This setting causes Photoshop and the Editor of Photoshop Elements to freeze.

Back