CS3 Extended Problem-Help!!

Name
Mike Whitehouse
Edit My Images
Yes
When I try to open an image in CS3 Extended as follows:

File/Open/File Types (All Formats)/Press entre
I'm getting a box saying "Could not complete your request not enough memory (RAM)" :eek:

But if I alter the File Type from All Formats to Jpeg it will open the image.....:shrug:

On my laptop I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2
2GB Ram with 40.5GB Scratch Disk space.

I've deleted & reinstalled CS3 but still have the issue :bang:

I've loaded the program on my desktop PC & have no problems running CS3 Extended.

Your thoughts please....(y)

sounds like you have got a bad stick of ram.run memtest and see what comes up.just google it and dl it if you have not got it and post again..

we can then go from there...

Diamonddog....:wave:

I've run a memory test & all is OK

I once tried to burn a dvd and got the same message even though i have 3gb ram, then someone told me that it means you don't have enough hard drive space left for nero to make the virtual image of the disc before burning it. Film- 4gb + Virtual image- 4gb = 8gb needed to burn the film. I checked and only had 6gb left on my hdd, maybe this is something like that..??

Loooong shot though..!! :)

Hi Lurch,
Thanks for your reply but I have 49GB free space on my hard drive.

Does CS3 open other files OK?

If so it may be something odd with the file, or association.

Can't explain why it should fail on one PC and then work OK on your lap top. Is the file on CD/DVD. It may be a read error from the disk reader.

Hi Chappers..:wave:

CS3 on my laptop just won't open the image under the "All Formats" tab, :crying: if I alter the tab to open in Jpeg or Raw it opens the image ok....:shrug:

I don't have this problem on the desktop PC...:D & I have to admit I prefer to use the laptop to the desktop PC.

The images are stored in a folder on my hard drive with over 49GB free space.

Any more thoughts Chappers?????

If it's only one file, it may be simply that something is wrong with that file, and for some reason it wont open on the lap top. You / we could spend days trying to find the problem, however try the following. Open the file on the desktop. Rename and save it. Does it then open OK on the lap top. If so put it down to one of those things.

It's possible part of the file header has got corrupted, and CS3 has trouble decoding what type of file it is. The file on the desktop is OK hence it opens. If you are connecting desktop and lap top via a network and looking at exactly the same file then that blows that idea out of the water.

Chappers...

It's happens with all images under the "All Formats" tab. If I open an image(s) with Elements 6 I have no issues at all, & save that image under another name I can then open it in CS3 with no problems at all...:wacky:

I must admit this has got me stumped.:bonk: Can't understand why E6 opens the file OK and CS3 doesn't. If it were a file attribute ( i.e. "locked") then you should have the same problem with both apps.

The only thing I can suggest is try the Adobe User to User forums for Photoshop and see if any of the guys there have any ideas. They are a fairly friendly and helpful bunch, even when you ask stupid questions.

here's the link.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ee6b366/

If you do get an answer let me know what it is

In preferences how much RAM is allocated to Ps?

Hi Guys...:wave:

Chappers... :thinking: I'll have another read of the Adobe Forums just in case I've missed something.

EOS JD...Preferences RAM is set at 1120MB - 70%.:cautious:

Hillwalkinggirl...Yes I've reset the preferences a number of times...:shrug:

Redhed17...I've deleted CS3 & all assossiated files, reinstalled but have the same issue.

Keep your thinking caps on guys & I appreciate your assistance.

Cheers :beer: Mike

Back