CS4 half price offer Legit.

Now that's very tempting, and very odd. I've not known Adobe to make such huge discounts on latest editions, but I could be wrong.

I am not saying this is dodgy, but I am very surprised. It's a real bargain, at that price.

Do you mind me asking, what was the email's title? Was it a limited time offer, or some promotional special?

That's a good deal if you already purchased the full version of earlier versions. If you wish to upgrade from Elements it's £477 and I am sure that I do not require the full functionality of CS4 - I'll always try and get it right in-camera and use the minimum of amendments in Elements 6.0.

Access code invalid or used ;)

I'm not sure how many students use this site, but as a finalist myself, its worth knowing that students can get the full version (extended) for about £130. The process involves faxing proof of student status to Adobe, e.g. university card, letter etc.

Well worth doing before you graduate!

I'm not sure how many students use this site, but as a finalist myself, its worth knowing that students can get the full version (extended) for about £130. The process involves faxing proof of student status to Adobe, e.g. university card, letter etc.

Well worth doing before you graduate!

Yup, did that and got both Lightroom 2 and CS4 Extended. Both came to about £250, a real bargain. However, these student licenses are not upgradable.

As for this offer, it's seriously cheap ... I wouldn't skip it.

It's genuine, I got that offer as well. Targeted towards registered owners of Elements ... and my half price copy of CS4 will be arriving tomorrow :D

The email title was "Move up to Adobe Photoshop CS4 for half price!" and the offer runs until Feb 28th.

Yup, did that and got both Lightroom 2 and CS4 Extended. Both came to about £250, a real bargain. However, these student licenses are not upgradable.

As for this offer, it's seriously cheap ... I wouldn't skip it.

Glad to see you made the step! Let me know what you think of the scripts :)

I suspect its a way of them minimising the number of pirate copies that are knocking about, silly thing is if they priced it more reasonably they would sell more, but thats possibly for a different discussion :)

I paid 169 for my upgrade to CS4 from CS3 ive got all sensible in my old age :)

I also had the same offer, as i have not long installed and registered Elements 7 so i guessed it was because of that, but it's not an upgrade from E7 to CS4 for that price, unless i read it wrong, i was just wondering though if you could get a legit copy of the first CS (which should be cheaper) couldn't you then upgrade to CS4 on this offer, may be an all round way of doing it on the cheap so to speak :shrug:

I suspect its a way of them minimising the number of pirate copies that are knocking about, silly thing is if they priced it more reasonably they would sell more, but thats possibly for a different discussion :)

I paid 169 for my upgrade to CS4 from CS3 ive got all sensible in my old age :)

Worth bearing in mind Adobe's ndefensible pricing here whereby we've been paying twice as much as the USA for years for the same thing.

So this is really just bring it down to parity (for a while)

My USA Lightroom 2 upgrade from Adobe's USA site was under £43.... while it was selling here for £99.

My USA Lightroom 2 upgrade from Adobe's USA site was under £43.... while it was selling here for £99.

Is it now possible to upgrade from the USA site ? i know i tried that sometime back and it kept directing me to the UK price's :shrug:

Is it now possible to upgrade from the USA site ? i know i tried that sometime back and it kept directing me to the UK price's :shrug:

Yes, it tried to do that, but I got around it

I had a hotel booked in the USA and I used an AMEX card to pay in USD.

I was still in the UK at the time of the order though :)

The CS4 upgrade is cheaper on Amazon at the moment!

Back