CS6 ISSUES !

Edit My Images
No
Can anybody help, please ?

Had CS6 for just over a year now, complete with 3rd party plug ins, & had no problems whatsoever.

However, recently had pop up "windows has encountered a problem with .... & needs to close", resulting in online discussions with Adobe technical who insistent that the problem is entirely down to the plug ins, & "prove" their assertion by getting me to use the option to open without the plug ins. They're entirely unhelpful & repeatedly close the case file, saying they cannot help.

This equates to both a monumental waste of money, & a growing backlog of work & self education.

Anybody else had similar, & have suggestions how best to resolve ?

Rudolf

Would probably help to state which plugins you have and if you know which one is causing the issue.
Also, are all of your plugins up-to-date?
There was an issue a while back with a Nik Software update, if you have that it might be an idea to completely re-install the original download, which was the advice at the time.

Hi, & thanks.

Had installed, & used without problems, Silver Efex Pro, Imagenomic, Alien Skin. Acquired the complete Google set, & that worked fine too, & all as far as I can tell, are the latest versions = bemused. Any further input will be much appreciated

Surely if it works wihtout the 3rd party plug-ins then the plug-ins are the issue and you need to contact the provider of these?

Adobes support will be limited to the CS6 code not the plug-ins so I can understand their stance.

Reload each pllugin one at a time and see which is causing the issue. Then download the plugin again and try installing it.

Just uninstall the plug-ins, and re-install them. In fact, uninstall photoshop and re-install it, run all updates from Adobe, and then re-install your plug-ins (after having checked if there are updates for those available too). It's usually default reaction to annoying software issues that seem impossible to rectify easily. It's often a lot faster too.

As somebody said above theres been a few issues with Nix and adobe, to be honest I never got some of them to work properly and gave up.
Check you have the latest version of each plug-in and chaek you have all the 64 bits ones/32 bit in the right places, I'm told one of these in the wrong 'bit' folder can cause issues (but I'm no expert)

....... check you have all the 64 bits ones/32 bit in the right places, I'm told one of these in the wrong 'bit' folder can cause issues (but I'm no expert)

I've got the Google Nik Collection working on both CS6 64-bit and CS6-32 bit.

For every Nik application the installer puts two files (one config and one 8bf shortcut) in each of these folders:
  • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Google\(Nik application name)
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins\Google\(Nik application name)
It also puts the 32 bit files and a sub-folder containing the 64 bit files here: C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\(Nik application name)

Because of the shortcut mentioned above there are no Nik folders or files here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google

Last edited:
Back