Cumbria and Scotland - some shots over Easter

Name
Andy Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I popped up to Scotland over Easter for some camping and walking, and some photos - weather was "interesting", a lot of rain, manky, fog and haze and an occasional burst of sun!

DSC_9308_01.jpg

First morning, Derwent Water

DSC_9331_01.jpg

Wast Water

DSC_9961.jpg

Roman Hill Fort, Cumbria

DSC_9349.jpg

Some typical weather!

DSC_0018_01.jpg

Blea Tarn

DSC_0066_01.jpg

St Abbs, 20 second exposure with a B&W 10 stop filter

DSC_0132.jpg

Isle of Skye

DSC_0195.jpg

Castle

DSC_0248.jpg

Unknown mountain, Wester Ross

DSC_9479_01.jpg

Sunset Loch Torridon

I'd definately like to go back and do it with some more settled weather!

I love 5! Its lovely!
Im not in a position to comment on technical ability cause im still learning but just thought that one was lovely!

They are all nice!

I love 5! Its lovely!
Im not in a position to comment on technical ability cause im still learning but just thought that one was lovely!

They are all nice!

I like 5 too - actually I need to crop out my ND Grad holder from the top corners from that (just spotted it!), that was shot at 17mm on full frame, bit wide for the holder..!

Great set. I know what you mean about the weather, but now and again it adds to the atmosphere of the shot. The waterfall on Skye is a case in point - I reckon that it would make a great b&w.

Great set. I know what you mean about the weather, but now and again it adds to the atmosphere of the shot. The waterfall on Skye is a case in point - I reckon that it would make a great b&w.

Thanks - I'm not keen on B&W after the fact, but I might try it.

I shot these with the D700 in B&W mode as the weather was so foul, so I did B&W when normally I wouldn't shoot

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

Some stunning pics there I think the first one its great, st abbs and typical weather also stand out for me

In fact there all superb :D :clap:

Thanks for the idea - I just did a quick B&W of this - I does work better in B&W :)

3454770795_83788e61e7_o.jpg

What a great set of landscapes, St abbs is a standout shot for me just love the colour and overall balance, first class.

great set of photos, cant choose a fave like them all b&w good too(y)

Thanks for the idea - I just did a quick B&W of this - I does work better in B&W :)

3454770795_83788e61e7_o.jpg

I think your're right - it does work. But I reckon your other b&w shots are the best of the lot. I really think they work well. (y)

really nice photos, like the last 5 the most, tell bit of a story, just think I live in Cumbria so have all these nice views on my door step, its such a lovely place to live

Back