Cumbria and The Lakes

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
Some recent ones from Cumbria.

Coming up to the end of my first year in this rather addicitive hobby so any critique welcome.

5371802773_b84c1e1aab_b.jpg

5366061905_5342083621_b.jpg

5374410429_218439740b_b.jpg

5354796593_88bb8fb5f8_b.jpg

A beautiful set of photographs which I've really enjoyed looking at.
I suppose some minor criticism could be offered, but not by me,,I like them just as they are
talbot

Nice shots.

Im going to the lakes tomorrow, looking forward to it even more now.

Phil

Love #4. :love:

You've captured the light exquisitly. Simply beautiful, well done! :clap:

#3 aint so bad either! ;)

Agree with you it is a very addictive hobby, beautiful images 4 being my favourite one I would be very happy to have it in my back pocket, really enjoyed it thank you!

I really like them all, but #3 is my favourite, reminds me of those walking trees is Lord of the Rings, well Done.

#1 and #4 for me.

#1 in b&w works a treat and the space to the right is really impressive. I wonder what it would look like with a tad off the bottom?

As for #4, well, really great phograph: great natural lighting, shadows, lines and mist.

I look forward to seeing more of your work..:)

Wow, not bad for one year!!

I love the second one, the pano crop/lighting is awesome!

:thumbs (y)

A set to be proud of, really enjoyed viewing them, the mist with the sun behind the tree is my fav.

I think they're great and give me hope for the future.

Looking at the pictures on this site really helps you examine your own composition and work out what you should have done better and where you should have stood to take the shot.

If I had taken them and had to choose I would say that number 4 would be my new desktop but then I'm a sucker for mists and moods (as indeed I think you are).

1, composition is spot on and a lovely B&W conversion. A lovely tranquil photo.
2, even better than the first, lovely pastel colours and I like the fact that you have got some swans in there too. Pano style fits perfectly.
3, good contrast in textures between the foreground and the sky, is this an IR photo?
4, again another great photo, the road leads the eye into the beautiful sunrays and the composition is great.
All in all a cracking set of photo's :)

Thanks everyone - really appreciate the kind words.

No3 isn't IR - happened upon the trees at the perfect time - mist clearing, hard hoar frost and bright sunshine hitting the trees. Converted to mono and turned up the contrast a wee bit. The trees really were beautiful

A superb set.

Im off out to the Lakes early morning tomorrow with a 'togger friend, and if I capture some even half as good as these i'll be happy.

I'll be knocking about /Ulswater, Windemere, Coniston

Giz a shout if you see me, I'll be the one trying to figure out how to take a landscape shot.

Phil

I'll be knocking about /Ulswater, Windemere, Coniston

Giz a shout if you see me, I'll be the one trying to figure out how to take a landscape shot.

Phil

Likewise, i'll be the other one trying to figure it out lol! We'll be at Ullswater for sunrise, then onto Derwent Water, Buttermere etc etc I think.

Sorry for thread hijack, back to topic....

Waters still quite high on Ullswater - I think it might be worth a go parking at Pooley and going down the left side of the lake towards Eusmere Bay. One or two trees still underwater and if theres a bit of mist and early light it can be quite nice. It was incredibly high at the weekend - huge amount of flooding.

Last time it was high got the ones below at dawn.

5188803813_30a68212e9_z.jpg

5198005304_3e6eacf58f_z.jpg

Oh wow, these are beautiful! The tones in #1 are gorgeous and the light in #4 is wonderful too.

wow, theyre awesome, love #1 and the last 2 added are stunning!

i like #2 in preferable colour, just a very small thing i'd change is the red life buoy's, clone out or change it's colour.
Lovely set especially the later last two.

No 4 (First set) Superb

If it was the right ratio for a computer screen, it would have a high place in my Mac Wallpapers folder. Love it!

Cheers all - appreciate the very nice comments.

2 and 4 are absoloutley stunning great captures with just the right PP. What a fantastic set best I have seen in some time. :clap:

Back