Cumbria

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Just back from a few days in Cumbria. We stayed in a lovely little cottage called Solport view, in the village of Banks, which is near Brampton. You can book this through Airbnb.
Theres an abundance of landscapes nearby but weather was not on our side. Grabbed a few from the usual locations. Sycamore Gap and Crammel Linn waterfall. Alos visited Talkin Tarn country park.

JAY_2048 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_2082 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_2095 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_2119 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Nice set, tree #2 is the winner for me, though.

2 and 3 for me, great set though.

love angle on number 2 but it in Northumberland nay Cumbria

I'm drawn to the wall, leading in and out of the tree in No2, a differing viewpoint.
I visited a few years ago and got lots of images with walkers and tourists - you did much, much better than me!

Love #4, the composition with the wood and rock in foreground is fantastic. I have to ask though what are the long marks in the water? Leaves moving? There's also two spots about a third of the way up the image from the trees in your watermark. Imagine this was a splash or rain drop which you can edit out?

Love #4, the composition with the wood and rock in foreground is fantastic. I have to ask though what are the long marks in the water? Leaves moving? There's also two spots about a third of the way up the image from the trees in your watermark. Imagine this was a splash or rain drop which you can edit out?
Just before I did the LE shot, a rowing boat (long thin racing type craft) sped across the water. It’s just the wake from the boat. There were several boats on the water so I had to pick the best time to take the shot. In the bottom left corner, it’s possibly an after effect from cloning out some branches/leaves that were in the shallow shore water. Good spot!

Just before I did the LE shot, a rowing boat (long thin racing type craft) sped across the water. It’s just the wake from the boat. There were several boats on the water so I had to pick the best time to take the shot. In the bottom left corner, it’s possibly an after effect from cloning out some branches/leaves that were in the shallow shore water. Good spot!

Ahhh, I would never have guessed wake. Couldn't work out what it was at all but that makes sense.

If you stay there again Gelt Woods is worth a visit. Not far from Banks. Or even top end of Eden Valley.

Just back from a few days in Cumbria. We stayed in a lovely little cottage called Solport view, in the village of Banks, which is near Brampton. You can book this through Airbnb.
Theres an abundance of landscapes nearby but weather was not on our side. Grabbed a few from the usual locations. Sycamore Gap and Crammel Linn waterfall. Alos visited Talkin Tarn country park.

JAY_2048 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_2082 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_2095 by jason greenwood, on Flickr
JAY_2119 by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Very nice set of landscape style captures Jason.

Back