Cycling and photography, the perfect combination.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
If you like to mix a little exercise with your snapping you need one of these...

Linky

Anybody fancy a group order to save on the import duties?

It's kinda sad when the last remnant of a great film is a water bottle for trendies!

(Mind you, some of the other last remnants are sitting in my shoe box of exposed slide film, and in my Aperture library... where it won't win any prizes I'm afraid!)

im trying to figure out if you actualy cycle or not Nick .if you do when you bringing the bike down into Kent for pix and pedals ?
anyone else welcome of course , even @Asha if he cycles from home :)

Ah cycling... what a waste of time. Real men walk, climbing hills with our hair streaming behind us like Gods of old, preferably barefoot over stony ground, not pedalling around like fools in lycra. :D

It's kinda sad when the last remnant of a great film is a water bottle for trendies!

(Mind you, some of the other last remnants are sitting in my shoe box of exposed slide film, and in my Aperture library... where it won't win any prizes I'm afraid!)
I resent that remark, I have never nor will I ever be 'trendy'. I challenge you to a duel :bat:

Real men walk, climbing hills with our hair streaming behind us like Gods of old,

And you Mr Snap should know better, a little warning wouldn't go amiss before making such comments. Once again I narrowly averted an alcohol/keyboard interface :D

Ah cycling... what a waste of time. Real men walk, climbing hills with our hair streaming behind us like Gods of old, preferably barefoot over stony ground, not pedalling around like fools in lycra. :D

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::mooning::LOL::ROFLMAO:

im trying to figure out if you actualy cycle or not Nick .if you do when you bringing the bike down into Kent for pix and pedals ?
anyone else welcome of course , even @Asha if he cycles from home :)
I do actually cycle but not on the road, I'm a strictly off road cycling type and I'm certainly never seen wearing anything remotely lycra based.

Reactions: PMN
I don't own a bike and I never will, vile modern inventions... I prefer the automobile.

Reactions: PMN
I saw these! I was trying to decide between the HP5 and the Velvia... it would match the skinny-tyred retro Peugeot bike I bought and have yet to learn how to ride... :/

If there's a bulk order going on, i'm in!

Last edited:
I saw these! I was trying to decide between the HP5 and the Velvia... it would match the skinny-tyred retro Peugeot bike I bought and have yet to learn how to ride... :/

If there's a bulk order going on, i'm in!
It's kind of like riding a motorbike but slower and harder work.

Cycling and photography, a great combination. on road or off road!
Count me in on a group order!

The girls are a lot slimmer in Holland, plenty riding bikes....erm don't know about the men as I seem to look at girls :D

Holland?

Yes Nick, Holland. It was mentioned further up in the thread.... oh, hang on.... no it wasn't. Just a bit of randomness from Brian there.:D

From looking at the photographs in the link, I can't decide whether the designs are printed on to the plastic itself, or they are all on a shrink fit sleeve. If it's the latter then I can't see the artwork lasting very long after the bottle is slid in and out of the cage many times. I think I'll wait for other folk to report after they have bought one.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: ...and therefore if more girls (and men) took up cycling instead of using a car, in the Uk (as like Holland)...we wouldn't be such an increasing obese nation according to the latest stats. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Hague....I thought the cyclist with the child was amusing so took a snap, and very handy for carrying RB67 gear

Last edited:
From looking at the photographs in the link, I can't decide whether the designs are printed on to the plastic itself, or they are all on a shrink fit sleeve. If it's the latter then I can't see the artwork lasting very long after the bottle is slid in and out of the cage many times. I think I'll wait for other folk to report after they have bought one.

I've a mate over in america who's just posted a photo of a couple of the Velvia ones he's bought to his facebook page... i'll have a word with him and check...

ETA: actually, looking at the shot he posted, they're the standard "print on plastic" ones... much clearer from his shot...

zapwvhjr13vo.jpg

Last edited:
right im just going out on my bike ,and i'll keep an eye out for any fat bitches and have a word with them if needed ( thats not good coming from a fatbitchbloke ) :D

right im just going out on my bike ,and i'll keep an eye out for any fat bitches and have a word with them if needed ( thats not good coming from a fatbitchbloke ) :D

...and persuade them of the joys of cycling and a film camera :D

I've a mate over in america who's just posted a photo of a couple of the Velvia ones he's bought to his facebook page... i'll have a word with him and check...

ETA: actually, looking at the shot he posted, they're the standard "print on plastic" ones... much clearer from his shot...

zapwvhjr13vo.jpg

Thanks Mark, they look like they are well made and would last as well as any bottle. Sadly my old bottle which had a fine 'Reynolds 531' legend and logo on it, succumbed to 25 years of UV light and shattered when it was handled a couple of years ago. I had to replace it with a very bland version.

I think these could go nicely with my old "PDM Chrome Cassettes" Bidons in the retro stakes... I normally just buy whatever Wiggle/CRC have on special offer, as I go through quite a few a season anyway (in summer, on longer rides I'll take a third bottle with me, one of the older/scruffier ones "in stock") and when it's drained it'll get binned to save having to carry empties for the next 60 miles or more.

while we're on the subject of combining riding with taking photo's - anyone got a suggestion for a jersey-pocket camera that's worth bothering with - I'm determined to take more photo's this year, but combining it with riding the bike, I need something I can stick in the cycling jersey - i've just picked up a Fuji Dijikal (X-M1) which I reckon with one of those pancake lenses will be spot on for summer, but something similar for film would be good - at the moment, nearest I have is the Perkeo, but with no metering and being a little old and brittle it's hardly ideal...

Oly XA-2, small and light with a cracking little lens.

or its younger brother the MJU II. It really must be the state of the art compact film camera.
And what he said, too.

Of course if you want a real camera then the XA rangefinder rather than the XA2... Anyway, any of these are ideal for a cyclist.

I bought one a while ago (HP5 variant) and didn't think about a group order, doh!

Anyway the bottle itself is a very good one (Specialized Purist) which absolutely doesn't make the water taste like utter filth as every other drinks bottle I have used does!

I'll do a test report when it arrives. I'll probably fill it with ID11 as sometimes Rodinal makes HP5 taste a bit grainy

It's kind of like riding a motorbike but slower and harder work.

It's the wobbling I have problems with. I shouldn't drink so much before I go out, really :D

If anyone is really interested in a bulk order, I'd be happy to set it all up and then send them out when they arrive. Can place an order at the weekend, to give you all an idea of a deadline?

I am fighting an ongoing battle with the wind......:hungover::naughty:

Back