Cycling

The one on the right please, the one on the left would kill me in seconds I'm sure!

:D

I wouldn't be so sure. I've had a hell of a lot more injuries from the wee one. :crying:

Hmm, yes, but at least I'd have a chance on the smaller one. :D

On the bigger bike it'd be 'start, rrrrm, twist, wall' for me.

Aye, still needs a bit of running in etc but she's all there now.

Did a rather nice 54 mile run out to a pub and back yesterday. Legs a bit sore today but that's half the fun! :)

I'm thinking about changing some of the bits and bobs on my bike now because of this thread and my renewed interest.

Been looking at some nice carbon bits
adding pace forks and bars should reduce front end weight a little further giving a little bit more flickability and a new carbon seat post to finish it off.

It's almost as expensive as photography isn't it! :D

I love putting expensive featherlight bits on my bike. It means I can eat more pies (y)

Hey DF, got any recommendations for some baggy shorts? Just split (again) my Endura Humvees so looking for ones that DON'T split!

The only baggy shorts I have are made by Pace, they've lasted well tbh. All other shorts are of the lycra type :eek:

I have the lycra inners but I refuse to wear just them because it's not fair to inflict that on the world. Anyway, I've been past too many times on the way to work by lycra cladded racers who think it is required to go to standup pedal mode just as they pass me into view. PUT YOUR @RSE DOWN I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!

I might have to sort out something quickly as they are falling apart rapidly!

whilst I agree that men waving their booty around isn't my cup of tea, I am familiar with the practice of standing up and stomping on pedals.

I've been heckled a few times doing it too :)

If i'm riding through a busy place though, I do try and wear something a little looser :D

Woo hoo!

Popped over to Afan forest for the aftoon today. Me and the missus got the week off so are trying to do stuff! :D

Wow, tres bean Rodders!!!! Only managed to do the Wall but it was way top bombing! :D

Thought I'd struggle with it but there was only one place that I had to dismount. Well pleased.

BTW, what's the deal with all the tight hairpins, struggled with them a bit.

Afan is a good ride (y)

I find the best way to get round the really tight hairpins is to get in a decent gear before the turn and pedal it.
Sticking your foot out and drifting the corner looks impressive, but it's usually a slower turn.

(y)

I didn't get a Kona Caldera, instead I got one of these :)

2007 Specialized FSR XC Comp

Bike-1b.jpg

Bike-2.jpg

Bike-3.jpg

Specs
Frame : FSR M4 butted frame, ORE downtube and sealed cartridge bearing pivots
Rear Shock : X Fusion 02RC, Specialized tuned, rebound & compression adjust and lock out
Fork : Rock Shox Recon 335, 100mm, external rebound adjust and Lock out
Brakes : Avid Juicy 3, hydraulic disc, front - 203mm (8”) rotor, rear - 185mm (7”) rotor
Gearing : RD - Shimano XT, FD - Deore, Shift Levers - Deore

Extras
Pedals : SPD Shimano M540
Pump : Topeak Mini Master Blaster DX
Cycle Computer : Cat Eye Micro Wireless
Specialized Chainstay Protector Sleeve
Specialized Rear Shock Mud Flap

bikes have come a long way havent they

thankfully the principles have not changed; pedal = go faster, squeeze brakes = slow down. unless you've lost brake oil...

My Gary Fisher Promethius got nicked last year :shake:, so I'm down to one ATB (Litespeed Ocoee with XTR and Middleburn bits, Judy SL's etc) and two road bikes - Joe Waugh 753 Gold Medal with full Dura-Ace and a Scott ally-framed winter bike with a mixture of 105 and other assorted bits.

I'll post some pix later, maybe...

2007 Specialized FSR XC Comp

Niiiice! (y)

Rode a ransom 10 a couple of months back and was sorely tempted. Will stick to my rockhopper for a wee while yet but must go full suss!

i'm sure i posted this a months or so ago but why not see her again

DSC_4055.jpg

she's rolling at last after i found some hose for the rear brake. not that it works, i've decided i hate hope, easy to bleed, easy to service, don't work. i want some avids or saints.

this weekend shall be fun, taking out the medium spring in the forks for a hard one instead so i need less air preload and changing the oil - if my 7.5wt arrives on friday. and the fun of swapping the 750 rear spring for a 550 so i can actually bottom it as it's a little hard at the min. the endless battle to make those hope discs stop me shall continue and i'll re-tension the wheel i built before xmas as it's looking in need of a tweak. it's been a long while since i enjoyed a full day of fettling with my bike, can't wait.

just a couple of biking pics to remind us of the summer:
cwmcarn dh
cwmcarn-sequence.jpg

a mate dunc ona nice little berm
dunc-berm-small.jpg

random at abercarn dh
DSC_1946small.jpg

forgot to say some nice bikes in this thread. loving the old pace forks and p7, and the rigid klien and DF that intense is lovely. i nearly bought a tazer but decided the sx suited me a bit better as i could ride it normally too (with a bit of effort of course). that sc blur looks like a cracker too, i nearly went for a small one in candy red but thought i'd break it.

very excited about riding lately, just about to book a trip to the alps for the summer, anyone been?

Been to Morzine before we were really into downhill (went for the paragliding) - can't wait to get back!

Whats all this suspension nonsense? :D

Here's my custom build street/skatepark bmx, its based on a Macniel Whitton frame, all the other parts are a bit mis match i just bought the lightest i could afford.

Quality is bad but it was taken on a mates phone.

For riding offroad ive got a Spezialized Vegas, cost the owner £400 new and he got bored of it, i bought it off him for £40 so got an uber bargain. Not mine but its a pic of one.

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/bmx_rides_025_lg.jpg

Getting a wethepeople beyond in a few weeks time to replace my Macniel.

http://wethepeople.de/V3/product/108

You just cant fly high enough on an MTB IMO :D

digitalfailure i didnt know you was Stumpy! we used to be moderators on the same forum years ago, i was under a different name then too :)

Whats that 3 feet? I can do 4 times that indoors :D mates of mine who are fit and healthy can fly 15-18 from a 8 foot quarter. Thats a hardtail though, loads easier than a full susser, gunna be buying a cheap hardtail myself soon for the summer season, thinking of a Kona Hoss if i can afford it.

aye, i've got a commencal absolute bmx, lovely thing but getting back into off road after the last few years of jumping.

i gotta agree tho bmx jumping and tricks are so far ahead of mountain bikes it's silly. i look distinctly ordinary at the skatepark or on trails riding the bmx, but if i take my mtb and go to trails mtbers ride i suddenly look much better jumping than 90% of them. don't get me wrong i'm not poor on the bmx, it's just the average level is so much higher.

this of course is all rubbish tho when you watch the pro mtb huckers doing 40ft drops and 50ft gaps of course.

tbh i just like anything with 2 wheels, give me an xc bike and i'll ride all day happily on good singletrack, a dh rig and i'll go as fast as i can and jump off what i see, and give me a bmx and i'll head to the trails or skatepark, it's all fun :D

oh and just a quickie to show you a mountainbiker getting a touch more air

9749917_aa57e3b8af_m.jpg

by mmayo. from flickr

Some nice bikes on here guys - married with kids now so can only afford one hobby now - Photography and only just!

When I was young free and single I used to have a Pollished Alloy GT Zaska with Manitou forks, full XTR Group set with Specialized rims - she was lovely! and I also had a Competition Cannondale Super V - used to do downhill comps at Keilder 1992-94... Those were the days! Used to buy my bits and peices from Peter Dark Cycles, Sunderland and BikeTreks, Ambleside - one of the guys there used to work for Orange - he was a Team Orange test pilot - what a rider!!! Ever see the brochure with the guy riding down a shale mountain side? That was him... Crazy :)

Bicycle Repairman! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

[YOUTUBE]wx82qBgyojg[/YOUTUBE]

Back